Antivirus Recommendations

I had AVG on my last computer. It finally got super slow so I bought a new computer. Really fast!

Then the Mcafee free trial was over and I downloaded the free AVG. Instantly the computer became much slower.

I took it off and fast again.

No more AVG for me

Just got the new version of AVG the other day (9), on this ancient garage sale computer. Not only did it slow it way down, a lot of the features would not work right...like email scans for one. Bought more memory for computer off ebay, went from 128mb to 1G, and reinstalled AVG. Perfect now, and faster than ever before too.

Used McAfee from day one on my first computer, never had any issues with viruses, but toward the end, same thing, slowed it down to a crawl. Then...McAfee decided to purchase it's new version for me, all by itself. Well...I don't keep money in the account tied to the debit card I used, and I got a $35 fee on top of what the charge was. Now that made me MAD! Never again McAfee!!!

Well, Personally they all have their problems, work, makes us use norton and I got zapped from a pdf file and it was no different then me getting zapped at home by a pdf with microsoft security essentuals. The security essentials is free and simple.

Everything I have read tells you not to have more then one virus scanner installed or protecting at a time, I believe Nortons and Mcafee really dont get a long.

Conflicts can happen but you can do it--just let one scan email and let both monitor the rest.