Sign in to follow this  
kingfamily

Mounting Camera In First Build

Okay. I've hacked my first camera, a L14 (finally, with a lot of help form members) and bought a Yeti board which is being shipped and I have a snorkel. My biggest concern now is the mounting of the camera into the box. Do you use foam in front (between the camera face and the box)? What do you use to keep the camera stationary in the box?

Thanks for all of y'alls help. It's been fun and I can't wait to put it all together.

Edited by kingfamily

What case are you going to use? In my latest I used a 1020 case and used foam to hold it. But the nicer way that I have seen when you have room is too make a shelf and drill a hole in it and put a screw in the tripod hole.

Ben

What case are you going to use? In my latest I used a 1020 case and used foam to hold it. But the nicer way that I have seen when you have room is too make a shelf and drill a hole in it and put a screw in the tripod hole.

Ben

I bought a large WalMart case and was thinking of using it. It's going on private land so camo and size aren't really a concern.

you will most likely have the best luck using foam infront of the cam as well as some in the back. the piece in front can be kinda on the thin side (about 1/8" up to 3/8") and cut out for the flash hole and shutter snorkel hole. then i would put a piece on the back side of the case that will hold the camera firmly in place against the front piece when i close it up. the shelf mentioned in the above posts is a great idea and you can also use the pipe-thru for a shelf or sometimes we might even use the control board as a shelf. but if you create a bit of pressure on the cam with foam it won't move around unless its bumped pretty hard, but i would be sure and use some type of foam so the cam doesn't get scratched.

good luck with the build

teebo