Sign in to follow this  
orion

Red Sox Baseball Is Back!

Watching the game while on Hags with a beer..... ah, life is good.....

them lucky rascals... (and i am with you on "glad its back") ..baseball has and always will be my favorite..and while many dispise the yanks. i for one have to admire em and love what they stand for.. look at the appearance of the players on each team you see.. dreadlocks..players needing a shave badly..uniforms in dissaray..just a bunch of players who have lost respect for the game and what it stands for..they could clean themselves up a little and project a better image for the millions of youngsters who look up to em..and for this point alone i admire and respect the yanks.. when ever they get a new player you will see him "cleaned up" and not looking like some convict.. examples that come to mind were johnnie damon and giambi..you could see the difference when they played for the yanks..sorry if you don't agree..i just gotta respect the yanks..

teebo

them lucky rascals... (and i am with you on "glad its back") ..baseball has and always will be my favorite..and while many dispise the yanks. i for one have to admire em and love what they stand for.. look at the appearance of the players on each team you see.. dreadlocks..players needing a shave badly..uniforms in dissaray..just a bunch of players who have lost respect for the game and what it stands for..they could clean themselves up a little and project a better image for the millions of youngsters who look up to em..and for this point alone i admire and respect the yanks.. when ever they get a new player you will see him "cleaned up" and not looking like some convict.. examples that come to mind were johnnie damon and giambi..you could see the difference when they played for the yanks..sorry if you don't agree..i just gotta respect the yanks..

teebo

I don't know teebo... they look like a bunch of thugs to me.. :P How about sebbathia, a salad wouldn't kill him.... :D what do you mean lucky?? Never count them out......... especially Pedroia......... I do see what you mean but I would never admit it :ph34r:

teebo

Well said, and I respect the Yankees because George makes them adhere to a hair/dress code. But I can't get on the bandwagon as far as the amount of money they spend to field a team. I'm glad to see baseball back as well, been really missing it this year. My youngest son played the last 2 years in college, but after a horrible wreck last September his baseball days are over. I coached all the way up through Legion, and had traveling teams ranked #1 in the nation. Played from North Carolina to Kansas, even beat teams from Canada along the way. Really miss watching him play.

real sorry to hear about the misfortune of the wreck , but might not be long before you can start over with the grandkids..i myself had girls (3) who played travel softball all the way from ages of 12 thru college (in the summer when in college)..they were fortunate enough to go thru college on scholarships and enjoyed it all, but lead "normal" lives now. i coached em and traveled with em to almost every state and some foreign countries (japan, and australia) and enjoyed it all..now i go to t-ball games on the weekends with the oldest grandson (have 3 now, no granddaughters yet)..the wife and i still take our "annual vacation" going to the womens college softball playoffs at OKC, OK every year..and as for the money spent on baseball teams the yankees arent that far ahead of the redsox..did you see the amount mr. beckett got yesterday..by the way my nephew was beckets catcher on their legion team during summer ball..its a business and a money making one at that for the winning teams.. i am just glad to see baseball getting started again..i just can't watch the "gangsters" play basketball any more..

teebo

i just can't watch the "gangsters" play basketball any more..

I couldn't agree more. I think the owners have let it get out of hand catering to the ..you know. I do have a Grandson, and he'll be 5 this November. He'll be teeing it up next year and I'll be at it again. I tell ya through it all, I enjoyed High School ball the most. I had coached them all along the way and all the families were good friends. We all traveled together like a pack of wolves, ate after the games together, the whole bit. Don't mind telling you after 3 straight conference titles and a bunch of Sate playoffs when the last game ended I had a huge lump in my throat. College was never the same. Legion was so tiring. At one point they played something like 18 games in 20 days during the July heat. Brutal. Yeah gimme HS ball any day. Boy do I miss it.