Sign in to follow this  
AVID ARCHER MAT

More Fun With The V1

Well I've been a little frustrated as my slave code isn't going as planned so I wanted to put it aside and play with something else I found at radio shack.

IR LED's

Day time video

th_MOV00180.jpg

Nightshot video

th_MOV00181.jpg

Edited by AVID ARCHER MAT

I didnt know you had a V1 also.

Take that puppy outside with one of daves arrays at night and see how it picks up the light in nightshot. I'm still playing with that one.

What are you trying to do with the slave? Just control the slave or trigger it too? And with which chip?

I picked one up a week or so ago. I like the IR cams and this (even though it not a speed demon) has had my interest since you posted those pics a while back.

Trying to read cds & control slave & trigger with an o8m Kind of frustrating when it works great on the simulator and you get nothing.

The trigger is the hard part. The rest of it is pretty easy to do but its that darn trigger part that gets you everytime.

Do you have the slave atleast turning on and charging when supposed to?

I started breaking it down into seperate components and testing each.

I know the cds is working alone(had to use a different reistor). I know the trigger is working alone. I still have to check the mosfet and then try to get a code that all works together.

I might try to put together an IR led array and see if its going to be bright anough with the night shot but I'll save that for the next project .

I have some pictures from the V1 and daves array on the frankensniper post I think.

Got a little time last night to play with the v1 and Dave's array. That thing really puts out some IR light with the V1

swingset is about 15 to 18 yards.

Picture089.jpg

The bag targets are right at 25 yards

Picture087.jpg

Pic of Dave's array from the side.

Picture085.jpg

Thats what I have found that the v1 will see IR light from the array very well! But it is a slower shutter so it will blur at times when moving the camera or subject is moving. BUT... I'm still not playing with it to find a good way to utilize the nightshot on this cam. I just need more time to play right now. I have so many projects started and need to finish them up.

Nice pics!