Sign in to follow this  
SnwbrdrRm

My Custom Recoil Eliminator Install Completed

Well I have been telling a buddy of mine that I would install his recoil eliminator when I do mine and I finally got around to tearing down the guns and putting them in the lathe to thread them and install the eliminators.

These are JP Recoil Eliminators both are model JPRE-3S and carry a 9/16"-28 thread...they came in polished stainless but I sand blasted them both to better look like our stainless barrels (only seen in the last pic as these were progression pictures)...

The gun on the left is a Remington 700 .300 Win Mag (my buddy's) and the one on the right is my Remington 700 .270 WSM...this will drastically cut down recoil but man I gotta be sure to wear double hearing protection...I will let all know when I test shoot them...these were done a few weeks back but I have been too busy to post...

0626001120.jpg

0626001448.jpg

0630001050.jpg

I gotta be sure to wear double hearing protection

I have a Browning A-Bolt II in 22-250 with a BOSS on it, and its loud. We call it the snap dragon. Its dead nuts accurate but will kill your hearing in just a few shots without protection. A friend shot it while I stood a couple feet back and many to the side and I could feel the blast. I can only imagine the blast from a magnum.

They are loud. I've got a browning 7mm mag with the BOSS on it. When i shoot nobody on our lease asks who it was. They know. :lol::lol:

Ryan those look good and loud. Nice job.

I cringe every time I see any kind of ported rifle. I had a friend ruin a great shooting 25-06 porting it for some reason. He ended up selling it. I highly doubt you will wear hearing protection when hunting with the guns and they are just as loud then. I would have suggested a Limbsaver recoil pad to reduce recoil. My brother has a 338 ultra mag with one and you can shoot it as long as you want.

I cringe every time I see any kind of ported rifle. I had a friend ruin a great shooting 25-06 porting it for some reason. He ended up selling it. I highly doubt you will wear hearing protection when hunting with the guns and they are just as loud then. I would have suggested a Limbsaver recoil pad to reduce recoil. My brother has a 338 ultra mag with one and you can shoot it as long as you want.

this is not ported, it is threaded onto the barrel and I can take it on and off as I please...I will be making a thread protector to screw on there when my eliminator is not on the gun..the barrel is still exactly as it was from the factory accept the threaded tip...

Are you going to be selling them I am interested for my 300wsm

Thanks Jim

Are you going to be selling them I am interested for my 300wsm

Thanks Jim

Sorry Jim but I did not make them, I only did the gunsmithing(lathe) work...the eliminator is from JP and you can see thier stuff at jprifles.com

They have a few different models and styles along with a lot of custom guns too!