I was talking to Ron and he was pretty excited about what he had heard of this camera so me needing something to play with bought one. I hacked it using Bob's hack here at camtrapper and it went pretty smooth, me being me I always do something different and the only thing I did different was routed the wires out the side and put the servo connector there. Its pretty fast Right at P41 speeds and I am checking on the refresh rate needed now. I always like to extend the refresh as far as I can on these big extending lens cameras. Its got what looks like a awful nice lens, is very quiet at power up and the flash is as far away from the lens as any new cameras I have seen. Anyhow I plan on putting it in a 1060 with a 2800 slave and run the iso down low at 200 Bet it takes some sweet pictures.

I will keep updating the post as I complete the build

DSC09998.jpg

Next is the Hole I drilled for the slave I used a 1 inch bit drilled 9/16of a inch from the center Then I dremmeled and filed it clean

DSC00002-1-1.jpg

Next I first PT 1100 taped the Flash tube in place then gooped around all the edges.

DSC09999-1-1.jpg

Next I modified the slave per Dkirks instructions and mounted the board and the capacitor with PT1100 tape.

DSC00003-1-1.jpg

You can see how I run my wires through PT1100 taped BLUE heat shrink. Using it as a piece of conduit. I also tested the slave at this point by connecting it to batteries and jumping the trigger wires to confirm the hack was done correctly and the slave in fact works. This is a very important step as it eliminates the slavemaster or trigger/ charge system that will be used

DSC00003-1-1.jpg

Ill keep updating as I go.

Very nice tutorial on the hack Bob Thanks for doing that

Looking forward to this Dave, thanks for taking the time to share the building of it.

Looking forward to this Dave, thanks for taking the time to share the building of it.

X2

I like the way you cut out for the slave, do you think you lose any light by not cutting it out square?

Thats 212s old trick in cutting the slave hole He does it much neater though I do most all of mine this way and I doubt you would loose much light. The slave was actually a 2600 and has a pretty small capacitor I may add a bigger one later if I feel I need some more light and see if that helps But this little one may be better in that it wont take as much battery to charge back up since I am using 4 aa only

I have it done and hanging on a tree I will update the build as I go pics later this week

But here it was right before I finished it

DSC00329-1.jpg

DSC00326.jpg

DSC00327-1.jpg

Good Looking build Dave! I am looking forward to the test results on it.

Wow, no wonder it don't fit in a smaller case, that screen is bigger than my TV set lol... Nice work as always Dave, hope it works as good as it looks.

I need to get it out for some more testing but it works very good I think the w290 may be the way to go as it is a faster cam from what I have been told With a slave it can take some super clear pictures I have found the h55 has a very wide field of view and would be a heck of a close up camera

Here are a few pics in the yard feeder from it

stampDSC00245.jpg

NICE BUILD !!! I bet it takes some awesome pics !! Is it fast ? Maybe 1 day i can build 1 ...

Keep up the good work. :) :)

The IR hack on this this thing is really, really, really, really easy. Plus, the conversion back to color is really, really, really, really easy, unless you lose the filter. I'm not able to check the focus, but, I have no reason to believe that it will be an issue.

Tbass, you guys need to get moving on this camera before I get my hands on one that I can actually use.

If it was really, really, really, really, really easy I might consider one. But you said it was just really, really, really, really easy so I'm not thinking I can handle it. :P