I have several viruses and malware/other badthings on my compter whatis a good anti virus deal I tried mcafee but it wont load and I heard it wasn't very good ......any suggestions on good stuff

I have several viruses and malware/other badthings on my compter whatis a good anti virus deal I tried mcafee but it wont load and I heard it wasn't very good ......any suggestions on good stuff

That is all I use!

spybot search and destroy and malwarebytes and trojan remover. I would restart your computer in safe mode (with networking) then download them. download all three and run them one at a time. then restart your computer and run them again. when you restart the computer do a search for updates on all of them before running. I would do the trojan remover first.

avast antivirus is the best ive ever used, my buddy owns a puter shop and he recomends avast and malwarebytes on every compter that runs through his shop. avast is a constant protection and you should run the free version of malwarebytes once a week(or buy the full version and it will run on its own.) and i think right now avast may have a deal for 2 licenses for the price of one. also some of the really bad viruses will shut down your antivirus and the run wild on your computer.

Edited by ncfarmer

Thanks for the quick info.. I am not to good with puters so I figured some people here would have some info ,,Oh yea how do you start it in safe mode?

Edited by irbowhntr

While booting up, press the F8 key and then you can select Safe mode from the options.

Thanks for the quick info.. I am not to good with puters so I figured some people here would have some info ,,Oh yea how do you start it in safe mode?

either turn the computer off or "restart" it. After you press the power button or hit restart start pressing the f8 key repeatedly until you get the safe mode screen. it will give you the option of just safe mode or safe mode with networking (internet) hit the down arrows to the safe mode with networking and hit enter, wait for your computer to boot up and proceed with the downloads. FYI, the screen will look funny and out of focus.

malware bytes will do a great job of cleaning you out but doesnt offer protection in the free versions.

I have been using microsoft security essentials its free..

I have been zapped with mcafee at home before while paying,

I have been hit at work with nortons.

Both of those IMO take over the pc so much they slow them down tremendously

I was hit with a virus off a pdf that even the big ones doesnt detect, so they are good when they work and they stink when they dont and really stink when they dont and slow the pc down lol

Have been told that Norton adds onto itself each year when you update/download a newer version (doesn't get rid of the old one) and this really slows the computer down.

got avast downloaded and started quick scan..... 2 hours later it is 80 % done ..dont if that is normal or long because so much crap on that puter... oh well hope it helps

This has been around for awhile now:Good Luck..................... :) :)

LINK

LINK2

Edited by Vic