Sign in to follow this  
35whelen

-09 Down Under Tc Competition

Last year I organized & sponsored a local hunting website's trail camera competition (Ozdeer.com) and we received a whole bunch of top-quality entries which were narrowed down to 50 finalists in late November and these were then voted on by the site membership which was around 3000 back then I think. Voting was very close between the eventual 1st & 2nd pics with only one vote the difference at the end...2 outstanding shots with the 2nd place image quite a stunner IMO.

Most of the short-listed shots are from homebrew S600's with a few from commercial cams...HB's are B-I-G Down Under too ! Here's an animation I've done of the top 50 images from last year with the winners at the end. It may take a moment to load-up and reach full speed but seems to go OK once it gets there.

Hope you all enjoy some of the efforts of the Aussie trail cam guys & cheers from Down Under

35Whelen

OZdeerTCcomo09.gif

Great bunch of pics in the contest Doug. What is that in number 35? It doesn't look like a hog deer or a sambar?

Very nice, I like # 30 myself, but they all are good.

Tony....No #35 is a Fallow buck working over a rut scrape around April when their rut is on. We have 7 species of deer Down Under....Sambar, Hog, Rusa, Fallow, Red & Chital (Axis)....and in a few areas there are small numbers Wapiti that were released from deer farms in amongst the Red deer so we migh get some bugling around March in these areas.

Cheers

35Whelen

Edited by 35whelen

Great pictures!! cool stuff!!!

Awesome photos keep sending them up this way for us to enjoy

Thanks again