I would like to know where to get( if i can get ) a pir sensor like the ones used on simple snipers board and the part number if it's available ? I know that there are others out there , but really like how compact those are.

I would like to know where to get( if i can get ) a pir sensor like the ones used on simple snipers board and the part number if it's available ? I know that there are others out there , but really like how compact those are.

The one that is the most popular is the RE200B and can be had several places. The one in the Simple Sniper is a LHI1128. I have to order large quantities directly from Perkins Elmer, and they are back ordered right now until March, and I'm, running low, so that really stinks! If you find some now, they are worth more than gold. :)

You mentioned that you like how compact they are, but all of the typical sensor elements come in the same package, like the two above. You can't use these by themselves to trigger anything after they detect motion withought extra circuitry to amplify the signal from them.

Gary

Edited by ghoot