Sign in to follow this  
fb in mt

Eyefi Card

I tried one of the eyefi wireless SD cards and they are pretty neat. I am still learning what all they can do but it only took me short time to set it up to wirelessly send pictures to the laptop straight from the camera. It's pretty cool, take a photo and the image drops right into the laptop.

It can also send it directly to Picase, Facebook, etc. without even having a computer nearby. All it needs is a wifi hotspot.

I was reading on the forums where people are putting a cradlepoint router in their backpack. The eyefi card sends the photo via wifi signal to the router. The router is capable of long range cellular transfersand can then upload it to Picasa or similar.

Sounds like a simple way to make a cellular trail cam. Of course it would costs $$. The cards are as low as $40 I think, the router $100-$200 and then you have the monthly cellular bill.

Hard to believe they can fit the wifi radio into the SD card!

Edited by fb in mt

Did you know your pictures can be seen by everyone worldwide when you use that....

OK maybe not, sounds neat!

Hey FB in MT, This has really sparked some interest for me so I just want to clarify something. Where I hunt, which is a friend's farm, he uses a large WIFI antenna to shoot it to his house a long ways away, so he just uses that for internet at home, as does his sister-n-law who also lives a ways from the signal. So, I just want to make sure this is right. I can insert one of these SD cards in a camera, and as long as it can pick up that WIFI signal it will send the pic to any computer on that same WIFI signal? It will download to a chosen computer and then automatically upload in say photobucket. All this for no cost but the card?

Edited by KZ3