treetop

Avg Upgrade Pop Ups

I keep getting pop ups asking to upgrade my virus protection It seems to really slow the computer down and I would like to disable it so this stops asking me but I do not see how to do this?

Thanks

Download and run Spybot. Its free and i had the same problem and it got rid of it. Very irritating and really slowed my computer down. It will get rid of it if you picked it up off the web somewhere. It will also get rid of any other spyware or malware slowing your computer down.

Edited by dwstex38

To get rid of mine(pop up's)--I downloaded the latest free version and went away--using the AVG 2011 version.

Where did you download the new version Vic? Thanks, bat

Here ya go Bat:

AVG 2011 Free Version

Edited by Vic

Vic I did as ypu said and it seems to have fixed the issue I also used the one time computer scan to fix errors It came up with 1380 errors and I used it to fix those and wow did that speed this dog up

I haven't tried the download yet but saw they had a support forum and I went in there looking around. Here is a link to a topic they are talking about changing from the 30 day trial download to the free version.

http://forums.avg.com/ww-en/avg-free-forum...ow&id=22911

I became so aggravated with the new AVG, I changed to Avira antivirus, it works great.No issues.