killdee

Need To Cut A Python

I lost my keys and thankfully have back ups for all but 1 and need to cut it. Will bolt cutters do it? Also any one have any luck having spare keys made or can you get replacements from master?

Sadly enough you can cut the python with a knife. But yes, you can use bolt cutters.

Take a cordless drill or a dremel tool with a cut-off wheel and you will done in a about 10 seconds, I had to do that since I lost my keys in the woods.

I borrowed a small set of bolt cutters but I dont have a cordless dremel. Some say a sharp hatchet works so I guess I'll take 1 for back up.

Any clues on replacement keys?

If you knew your key number, I would bet one of us would have a key for you.

Edited by bowgod02

Is the number on the lock somewhere, this is older and had the black rubber key?

Not that this does you any good, but my numbers were always on the key, but I do think it is stamped somewhere on the python.

I know they have it stamped on the key under the rubber covering. But if you had the key you wouldnt need to find a key. I'll look at some of my locks and see if I can find the number on the locks too.

I went ahead and cut it so dont worry about it. The cheap bolt cutters didnt want to cut it but a pair of tin snips clipped right through it.

Thanks for the help boys!!!

I take a sharpie and write my key number on every side of the lock. I do this to determine which key goes where. I have ten different locks and ten different keys.

I only have 1 cam out so far but as it is in a isolated area I Mark the location in my Gps and in the notes I put the lock info there also, as I always have my gps when in the Woods the info is there stored.