Sign in to follow this  
tbass

New Record Bear In Pa And Almost The World

Over on ArcheryTalk there have been several threads (at least 2 were pulled). Everything seems to be from the nephew who wasn't there and then I believe he says he was?? Possibly baited seems to be the consensus with Twinkies and pop (that his uncle Leroy had been feeding the bear for years with). Still waiting to see how it plays out. Also at least 19 pages concerning it at HuntingPA.

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1357555

If reading towards the end it says that a game warden was part of the group. Also it states that the uncle is saying the nephew is making up a story (not about the bear but the events surronding it). The article you listed tbass was the original story I saw on AT last night but that one got pulled. Like I said will watch how it plays out. Still is a mighty fine animal!

Edited by IroquoisArcher

Yes I saw that on AT. Always two sides to a story and the truth is

usually somewhere in between.

I couldn't imagine trying to drag and load it in the truck

I didn't know AT was one of those super sensitive sites who like to sanitize things. Why would they have removed a link to a story? You would think this would have been on the local news at some point this week either way but it hasn't been.

Is it illegal to bait in PA?

Yes it is illegal to bait in Pa. during season all bait and mineral licks must be cleaned up 30 days before season starts

I didn't know AT was one of those super sensitive sites who like to sanitize things. Why would they have removed a link to a story? You would think this would have been on the local news at some point this week either way but it hasn't been.

Don't know why, am assuming it was getting heated and argumentative more than normal. Wasn't trying to sayyou were wrong, just posting what some of the other sites have on it. Like I said is a mighty fine bear. And I agree, I wouldn't want to try and drag that sucker out!!

Just over on AT and the thread I was watching was pulled. Another is going with this article listed claiming the PGC says it's legit.

http://www.poconorecord.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...9781/-1/NEWSMAP

Anyways, even though I doubted, congrats on the bear.

Edited by IroquoisArcher

From what I read in a report this morning, the guy was legal and the taking of the bear was legal. It happened that the locals fed the bear from a cub and it was not afraid of people. But the hunter did not bait it and the PGC said he was legal with no wrong doing on his part. So the locals are the reason this bear was shot, feeding a bear and getting it use to people is a wrong move.

I saw a new feed from a Poconos local news crew interviewing the old man who hand fed the bear for 17 years. I'm surprised it lasted so long being darn near tame.