buckboy

Whitetail Supply Issue

Matt,

I will take the plunge. I am all about second chances and understand that bad things happen to good people. It sounds like Daryl had a lot on his plate there for a while. If his communication about orders and timeliness on shipping is going to be better, I for one am ready to do business again as he has some parts that no one else carries. Hopefully he will post a reply about these topics.

I just want every one to know it was a long time but i did get my order from Whitetail Supply yesterday. I hope every one who had a problem with a order get,s it soon. it looks like WTS is doing his best to make things right and getting his orders out. jimbo

Thats sure not right. I would expect this to be made right or at the least a rebuttal in the event its a dispute of sorts from WS.

Thats sure not right. I would expect this to be made right or at the least a rebuttal in the event its a dispute of sorts from WS.

That's what I'm hoping for. The kit was actually purchased for a friend of mine who has been very patient. I finally just gave in and ordered parts from another place to build him a cam. They've already shipped and the order was just last week.

Well, here I sit 13 days away from one year of waiting on this package from Whitetail Supply LLC. The budy I ordered this kit for has long sense moved on and we ordered another kit from another supplier and it's together and working famously. He sent me some really nice pics just a few days ago. So it's starting to look like I'm out the $112.62. Sure would like to have it back, or the kit, or a few cases, a bunch of servo connectors, bunch of fancy glass...whatever. Can't get any return emails anymore but most replies that I did get were something to do with suppliers, natural disasters, things of the like. I'm very patient. I attached my Paypal record just so I don't sound like a total cry baby with no paperwork.

Shopping Cart Contents

Qty Item Options Price

1 3 wire 30 awg male/female locking plugs

Item # 3 wire 30 awg male/female locking plugs $5.88 USD

1 SUPREME SS/1020/TUBE/ KIT

Item # SUPREME SS/1020/TUBE/ KIT Kit-NO TUBE $94 Choose Camo Pattern: Mossy Oak

Which Camera will you use: P32

$94.00 USD

1 Flat Flex Cable

Item # Flat Flex Cable $2.50 USD

Amount $102.38 USD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Order Description:

Shopping Cart

Item Total:

$102.38 USD

Sales Tax:

$0.00 USD

Shipping:

$10.24 USD

Handling:

$0.00 USD

Seller discount or charges:

$0.00 USD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total amount:

-$112.62 USD

Fee amount:

$0.00 USD

Net amount:

-$112.62 USD

Date:

Nov 20, 2010

Time:

13:52:44 PST

Completed

that is very sad, he is the only on with AR glass in stock and after reading this and some other threads i will just wait

I haven' dealt with this supplier but will say one time on this subject. I have found that some sites are not always updated and just because they show it is available may not alway be the case. I would send them an email "if I was going to order" just to be on the safe side. This is referring to any site that has had issues in the past. Most I would not hesitate to order from if there have been no issues reported.

We have been blessed with some very good suppliers and they usually handle delays "if any" very timely and let members on here know when there will be delays and the reason for the delays here at Hags.

If you have a delay in here and you haven't seen a topic on here explaining why... first send the supplier a pm or email and you should get a response quickly from them. Be sure to give them at least a day or so just to be on the safe side though as we all have lives that are built around family first as it should be and not camera related.

Still waiting and can get no responses. I'm trying hard not to go a rant here. I dont want to talk badly about a man but at the same time I feel obligated to inform my fellow cammers and potential customers.

You should have filed a dispute with paypal 3 weeks into this. A year later, you can stop waiting. It's not coming. And now you are way too late to file any sort of dispute I would imagine.

Well, crud. Yep I should have done the Paypal dispute thing. But, I thought we were all "buds" because I had bought several items before and blah blah blah. And my "bud" had alot of talk about family problems, natural disasters and so on. In the end, I'm the fool for trying to be a ah shucks it'll get here when it gets here guy. Fortunately there are some other venders for our hobby that are completely awesome and I am very thankful for them. Stii like to have that cash.

My understanding is he is out of business now.

So the real question is why is his site still up and running and accepting payments? I had an issue just recently I posted on the trail cam forum and have since filed a dispute. Sorry about your losses Misery Boy. :angry:

You have to protect yourself in a timely manner "NO MATTER" who the "bud" is.... I haven't lost anything yet but I got one that is starting to worry me a bit.... but not that one...

Sorry for your lost... it's a shame we have people that just take forever or do not live up to their responsibilities to others. But we learn to read reviews and be hesitant to purchase one's services or items if they are getting bad reviews.... even if others are having no problems with them. You still have to use your own judgement in dealing with anyone. If it is getting close to a dispute deadline and no responce from them refund wise.. the procedures are in place... file a dispute if available.