Sign in to follow this  
thicketbug

Question For Treetop

Question mainly for treetop but perhaps anyone using BF Baords can answer this. When the 3 AAA batteries start to fail will the BF Board continually fire off activating the camera to take pictues thus filling a 256mb card with pics. I had had a camrea out for @ week checked it the other day and for @ the 1st 36 hours it took pics as expected, then suddendly it started continually firing pics until card was full and batteries drained in camera. I checked the time on the @ 130 pics continous sequence pics and each was pretty much on the 3 min interval which I had the board set for. I know the BG1 boards would do this when the 9v battery got weak but it fired pic after pic seconds apart.

Yes - this has been my experience when the batts start to fail......

Batteries can do it but I also suspect dampness or humidity at the least in the case. Did it rain in the period before the issue statred and is there any sign of water in the case?

yes it did rain a lot just prior to the start of the episode also pretty large change in temperature 68deg dropped to mid 30's. When I opend the case it was dry and I had 3 dessacant packs in. Two of the regular alkaline batteries voltage checkded @ 1.26 volts.

Thanks for the reply info.