mattpatt

Cheap Pirs!

Yes, thanks for the post. Just in case you don't know this, that won't do you any good by it self. You would need an amp and some other little component to make it work. Probably would be OK to replace one on a board or like you say if you want to build your own board including the PIR circuit. Still, thanks for posting it.

Thanks for the info. Do you have a schematic for the pir circuit? Always looking for spare parts plus I like to "roll my own" on occasion.

Thanks for the info. Do you have a schematic for the pir circuit? Always looking for spare parts plus I like to "roll my own" on occasion.

I have not built one, yet :D . The AIO Board Schematic would show you that part of the circuit, the amp and PIR, or you could search PIR Amplifiers. I have seen DIY PIR Circuits posted on the web but I never tried any of them. If I decided to build one to use for a home brew board I would probably use the same amp we are using on the AIO board and use that schematic and the data sheet together to build one.

You know, I been looking over some of your stuff since I have been back on here, you been holding out on us LOL. I can't believe you have come this far this fast with just a few question asked :lol:. You have picked up on this real quick. :ThumbsUp: I think you have a little bit of electrical or electronics knowledge you not telling us about B) . You are doing real good!

I thought that was all you needed when I first started out right Roger... :)

Yea Ron, and I probably found out myself the day before I told you :lol: .

These look to be the same as the ones electronics123 sells for 1.76. This is also the PIR used on the AIO board.

Looks like he is willing to come down on the price too.

Quote from eBay:

This auction is for 1 RE200B Nicera infared detector, AKA SN200B00. I have thousands of them and I'm willing to deal. Contact me if you need any information or want larger quantities. I will beat any rational price.

I have not built one, yet :D . The AIO Board Schematic would show you that part of the circuit, the amp and PIR, or you could search PIR Amplifiers. I have seen DIY PIR Circuits posted on the web but I never tried any of them. If I decided to build one to use for a home brew board I would probably use the same amp we are using on the AIO board and use that schematic and the data sheet together to build one.

You know, I been looking over some of your stuff since I have been back on here, you been holding out on us LOL. I can't believe you have come this far this fast with just a few question asked :lol:. You have picked up on this real quick. :ThumbsUp: I think you have a little bit of electrical or electronics knowledge you not telling us about B) . You are doing real good!

I thought that was all you needed when I first started out right Roger... :)

Yea Ron, and I probably found out myself the day before I told you :lol: .

HA! Well, my day job is a Network Administrator at one of the local businesses in town. I got started as a computer tech building and fixing PCs right out of high school at a mom and pop computer store. This was before the big guys like Dell, etc. were around and if you wanted to purchase a PC for your home you bought local and it was put together by hand not some assembly line. When I first started out Windows 3.11 for workgroups was out and the fastest processor was a 486 DX-66. 64mb of memory was top of the line. While working at the repair shop I also became interested in Amateur Radio and ended up getting my license with callsign KC5YTV. I proceeded to upgrade my license passing the 13wpm morse code test and made it to General before they finally did away with the code requirement. Now I hold the Extra class license with callsign W5LL. If you're familiar with ham radio then you'll know that tinkering and electronics goes hand in hand with the hobby. The only programming experience I have is from a high school course in PASCAL.

Edited by mattpatt

Looks like he is willing to come down on the price too.

Quote from eBay:

This auction is for 1 RE200B Nicera infared detector, AKA SN200B00. I have thousands of them and I'm willing to deal. Contact me if you need any information or want larger quantities. I will beat any rational price.

I tried to offer him .70 for 10 of them and he hasn't responded yet.

See, I knew you were holding out on us :D The only radios I have played with are the old tube sets. Mostly the old farm radios that ran from 3 different sets of batteries (A, B and C). You need a wire antenna outside the house about 100 ft. long to pick up stations real good. I have fixed up some A/C sets too but I like the really old ones with 3 dials for tuning the stations in.

Use to have a CB radio back in the day, KFI-6675, that's etched in my brain from saying it so much LOL.

Now we have another goto man for computer help!

See, I knew you were holding out on us :D The only radios I have played with are the old tube sets. Mostly the old farm radios that ran from 3 different sets of batteries (A, B and C). You need a wire antenna outside the house about 100 ft. long to pick up stations real good. I have fixed up some A/C sets too but I like the really old ones with 3 dials for tuning the stations in.

Use to have a CB radio back in the day, KFI-6675, that's etched in my brain from saying it so much LOL.

Now we have another goto man for computer help!

Never got into CB.... I've been inactive in Amateur Radio for about a year now. Just lost interest but I'm sure the urge to get back on the air will come back eventually. Amateur radio is a very expensive hobby. Much like homebrew game cams. :-)