Sign in to follow this  
MIBowhunter

Favorite Rifle & Handgun

What's you favorite rifle/handgun

My favorite pistol is the S&W 99 in .40cal it has a great feel for me.

Favorite rifle is the Savage 99, do not own one yet (Dad has one) but am going to get one in .308.

I use a Traditions Pro-Buckhunter the most for deer hunting, .50 cal it just fits really well and I am comfortable with it.

:twocents:

MIB

I love my Winchester Featherweight in 280 Rem for deer. For groundhogs i couldn't live without my Remington 700 VLS in 6mm. I bought a Benelli M1 a few years ago and i love that thing. I use it for all my shotgunning needs. As for a pistol i have to go with my Bull Barreled Contender in 223 cal. So basicly all my guns are my favorite at a certain time, but if i had to give all away but one i think i would have to keep the Winchester model 70 Featherweight in 280. So far its 5 shots and 5 dead deer.

Favorite handgun is a Colt Mark IV Series 70 Goldcup National Match 45ACP. Favorite Rifle is a Reminton Model Seven 308. 5-1/4 pounds and accurate as can be.

First rifle I ever bought myself was a winchester model 100 308. For all around rifle I dont think you can beat that round.

Ok, dont laugh, but my favorite is my Marlin lever action 30-30. I have a Remmy 7 mag as well as a Hoya 30-06 bolt action, but where I hunt, both are just to much gun. We thinned out our property about 8 years ago and the briars and brush have really taken over. Deer love it though and it would be rare to get over a 100 yard shot. The 30-30 is a great brush gun and I can get the gun up much faster and more accurately at deer that I jump when walking through the property. My brother teases me for using it and he uses a 300 Weatherby Mag. However, over the last three years we have been using these guns, I have outgunned him 2:1. ;)

My favorite handgun is my Ruger P-95DC 9mm, then my Browning BuckMark .22 standard.

My favorite rifle is my Savage 112BVSS in .223 with Atec 2.5-10 x44 and Harris Bi-pod. (Virtually no recoil at the shoulder)

Edited by CoyoteBandit

I like my remington model 700 30.06,With glass bedded rifle stock and ported barrell.Accurate as H e l l and kicks like a mule though-hot reloads. :cheers:

My favorite rifle is my Remington Mountain Rifle in 280 Rem. Hot reloads with 140 gr ballistic tips.

My favorite handgun is my Colt Gold Cup 45 acp.

I bought my son a Model 7 Remington in 7mm-08 that come in second as my favorite rifle. This thing is light and quick to point and accurate. Reduced loads with 120 gr ballistic tip bullets.

:cool:

My favorite rifle is one I personally built using a browning/fn action from about 1961-1962 (smooth as silk) mounted a Douglas XX air gaged barrel chambered in 270 win. and topped off with a Sightron II 3.5x10x50 scope all setting in a lightweight High-tech Specialties Stock with a Pachmeyer Decellarator pad. This rifle will absolutely drive tacks with my handloads. Favorite handgun is my Desert Eagle in 44 mag. Once I got used to the trigger on this gun it shoots fantastic. Even carry it concealed sometimes in a shoulder holster. Most comfortable shooting 44 mag. I ever owned. thats my:twocents:

My favorite rifle would have to be my Savage 30-06. Have shot a couple deer while hunting in the Upper Peninsula. For going through the swamp I usually pack the Marlin 30-30.

My only handgun is a Ruger 44 mag. It doesn't get out of the case to often.

Favorite pistol is a Contender in 7-30 Waters with a 4x Leupold.

Favorite gun is my Encore Muzzleloader stainless with walnut stock and a satin nickel Leupold 3x9.