Sign in to follow this  
MIBowhunter

Favorite Rifle & Handgun

Favorite handgun is a Colt Anaconda .44 mag, with a 8" vent rib ported barrel and it still kicks like hell. Rifle is my Remington 700 BDL scoped with a 3x9 Redfield Ultimate Illuminator.

Favorite, do I have to pick just one? :P

Well here goes,

For woods hunting it owuld have to be my Ruger Compact in .308, with a 1.5x6 Burris Electro Dot. Compact package that only weighs 7 pounds, and is easily carried with one arm for hours of stalking.

For the open pastures out to about 400 yds,

My Reminton 25/06 generally gets the nod. It has a Leupold 4x12 mounted on top of it with fine plex hairs. It groups in under 2" at 300 yds and with the 115 gr Nosler Partition running 3150 out the end of the muzzle, it makes a great flat shooting rig.

If I am after hogs or something trophy class, I may switch out to the Sendero in 7 mag. IT has a 6.5x 24 Burris Signature on top of it and will also shoot those tiny groups out to 300 yds plus. It however is pushing a 162 gr Hornady BTSP out about the same as that 115 is going. It makes short work of anything it reaches out and touches.

As for pistols,

I am hard pressed to leave out of the barn with out my Ruger Redhawk in 41 mag. It has more than enough power to handle any situation I get into and will shoot flat out to 100 yds to pop a stray pig. The 210 JHP's I shoot will flat knock a hog off it's feet like now.

My second choice is my 10mm Javilina, with the 7" barrel. It pushes a 180gr Gold Dot out at a little over 1300 fps. That makes it really sweet on the hogs and a pleasure to carry as it is slim and long as well as well balanced.

WEll those are my top five, With them I have taken all of the best heads of game I have ever taken.

Resurrecting posts, I like that. :ThumbsUp:

I'm agreeing with Jaggermax on the Marlin 30-30--very nice brush-buster, but my very favorite isn't a rifle at all.

I love my H & R 980 Ultra slug. Massive 12 ga. Check one out some time if you haven't already..... :D Once you do, no more explanation is needed for shotguns...

As for handgun, my actual favorite is the man's Colt 1911, but that's kinda hard for me to conceal on my person, especially in the summer.... so I carry a Bersa Thunder .380 semi-auto. Low priced but very nice and accurate. I think it's a copy of a Beretta, but noone quote me on that one... Interestingly enough, had most of the local police dept out in the lobby checking it out when I went up to register it. They all had to look at it, play with it, ask questions.... esp. now that MI has CCW's. It's not the easiest to conceal, but I'll sacrifice skimpy clothes for an effective weapon when the situation calls for it. I'm just not into carrying a .22 or the like for personal protection. :blink: I live by Detroit for God's sake!!! :lol:

Thomson Center Contender :

45/410 - 45 long colt will also shoot 3" mag 410 shells and has 4x in scope red dot

22 mag

357 max

Thomson Center Encore Black composit

50 cal SS black powder 3X9X50

300 mag SS 3X9X50

post-20-1101049573.jpg

Remington Model 740 in 30-06 with Leupold VariXII scope (I like the 740 because I am too lazy to pump... but who needs a second shot :lol: )

Edited by Beaver Lodge

I've had several rifles that I liked, but the one I got now is my favorite. It's a Remington Mountain Rifle in 270 calibre with a 3 to 9 by 40mm scope. Very accurite, light to carry.

Don't own a hand gun. My favorite rifle is a Remington Model 700 CDL 30.06, but my T/C ENCORE is running a close 2nd. :ThumbsUp:

Boy I do hate to pick favorites: but if I had to pick one of each???????????

I would have for just beating, all around deer hunting rifle would be my

7400 rem. in .06, because it's light ,well balanced, and da_n accurate,

plus I like to shoot it, hardly any recoil, and if by some chance I need a

follow up shot, it's still at my eye!

For hand guns it would have to be my Ruger MK.II SS 22lr. with a red

dot scope in a shoulder holster. Not for CCW, just for carrying while

coon hunting and for plinking and fooling around, Just my $0.02.

"The greatest battle implement ever devised."

General George S. Patton Jr.

The M1 Garand

Has to be my most favorite of all. This weapon is almost indestructable, packs plenty of power, relatively accurate (even more with a few mods), eight 30-.06 rounds as fast as you can pull the trigger (works great on hogs), heavy as a mule, but almost no recoil. I love this weapon!

700 Rem with a synthetic stock in 280AI. It has a Shepherd P1 sitting on top of it, a Vais break on the front end and a Pacmeyer 1" waffle pad on the back end. It is pillar bedded and the action has been bedded as well. It is setup with an after market trigger set on 1.5#. I built this rifle for long range and it does everything the idiot behind it can do, (ME). This rifle has less recoil than a 243 but puts the lead pill down range at the same rate as a 7MM Rem Mag.

This is currently my favorite rifle but will be replaced by my next project and I haven't got a clue what that will be yet.

My favorite handgun is a Ruger Bisley 45LC special run SS Blackhawk revolver. It shoots the +P ammo very well and has taken down everything I have hit with it. The +p ammo moves the ballistics up to the 454 range.

I have to expand this a little to cover my favorite rimfires too.

Mine are pretty simple.

10/22 with after market trigger, bull barrel, and thumbhole laminated stock. Yep, I did keep the housing on the action although all of the insides are aftermarket too. It has a compact Leuplod 9X9 AO sitting on top of it. They quit making this scope years ago and it is my favorite .22 scope of all time.

My favorite rimfire handgun is my single six with a 4 5/8's " barrel.

After saying all of that, I prefer to hut with my VTEC!!!!!!!!!

I love all my guns. Just like my children it is hard to pick a favorite, but here are a few:

1903 Springfield (30-06) Sporterized (handmade lefty thumbhole laminate stock)

Winchester Model 70 .223WSSM

CZ 527 .223

Springfield 1911 Loaded .45ACP

Springfield 1911 Ultra-Compact 9mm

Beretta 8045F Cougar .45ACP

Sig P230 .380

Marlin 336CS .35 Remington

Well my favorite rifle is my trusty old Savage modle 110 in 270 win but my favorite pistol is a Ruger Super Redhawk in 45lc/ 454 Casull.

post-20-1131547327_thumb.jpg