mheimburg1

Any Tv Repair Guys Here?

My ears/eyes should have been burning LOL

I've been out of the TV servicing long enough to have not seen any of those fancy TV's but there are circuits that kind of look around the circuitry and will shut down the set when it sees either too high a voltage or too much current, sort of like an Automatic Fuse.

To see the real problem with test instruments, these shutdown circuits have to be defeated. One way was to reduce the line voltage with a variable isolation transformer, sometimes the set would power up then, so things could be checked out. The schematics would give procedures to defeat the circuits.

Lots of times the real problem was with the High Voltage section, not the low voltage circuit, altho there would sometimes be a chain reaction and when the High Voltage went, it would take out the low voltage circuitry as well.

at any rate, it's pretty tough to do any "long distance" trouble shooting like this

Sorry Guys

Tin

No problem, I did find some information. The power supply checked out OK. The new TV's are more like a computer than the old TV's. I think the main board is bad in mine. It's not turning the power supply on and off like it should. I might just take a chance and get that board, still thinking about it :blink:

If you do and it works please post the results... someone else is bound to run into this later with their sets.

Found one on ebay for $33.99 & free shipping. Says tested in a working set and known to be good. I'll let you know the result when I try it. 99.2 % feedback. I figure it's worth a try.

Found one on ebay for $33.99 & free shipping. Says tested in a working set and known to be good. I'll let you know the result when I try it. 99.2 % feedback. I figure it's worth a try.

OK, so for once I got lucky, the $33.99 & Free Shipping Board did the trick! The board was the same number board but came out of a 32" TV and mine is a 37" (the bottom one is the 32", top is a 42"). After I had bought the board and it was on the way I started to wonder if the picture was going to only be 32" on a 37" screen?

When I first fired it up the menu came up and did not fill out the whole screen (I was a little worried) but after setting up the menu and going to the picture it was 100%! It's working great! Now I can put the 42 back downstairs in the family room :D .

If I had bought a new board instead of a used one I don't know if it would have worked without being programmed or setup by a TV Repairman. But this one was taken out of a used working set with a broken LCD.

Made My Day, I'm Happy :)

post-5460-1298659835_thumb.jpg

you can't help but grin and pat yourself on the back when you get something going......

OK, so for once I got lucky, the $33.99 & Free Shipping Board did the trick! The board was the same number board but came out of a 32" TV and mine is a 37" (the bottom one is the 32", top is a 42"). After I had bought the board and it was on the way I started to wonder if the picture was going to only be 32" on a 37" screen?

When I first fired it up the menu came up and did not fill out the whole screen (I was a little worried) but after setting up the menu and going to the picture it was 100%! It's working great! Now I can put the 42 back downstairs in the family room :D .

If I had bought a new board instead of a used one I don't know if it would have worked without being programmed or setup by a TV Repairman. But this one was taken out of a used working set with a broken LCD.

Made My Day, I'm Happy :)

post-5460-1298659835_thumb.jpg

Great job, wondering if that was sold as logic board and if there were any visible damage when you removed it? Also wondered if set was totally black or were there faint pixels randomly lighting?

Edited by mheimburg1

Great job, wondering if that was sold as logic board and if there were any visible damage when you removed it? Also wondered if set was totally black or were there faint pixels randomly lighting?

Actually the screen was white, like the S40 when the ribbon needs to be reset :lol: It had no sound and no picture or menu. You could turn the set on but not back off and the remote would not do anything.

I thought the Power supply was bad at first, but that sight that I posted earlier told how to check the power supply and it checked out good. The speakers are connected directly to the board I replaced and since it didn't have sound that made me think it was this board too.

I read a lot of postings and when it was no sound and no picture it was almost always the power supply or the main board and the power supply checked OK.

I looked the board over real good and I could not find any visible damage. Also there was no burnt smell at all. I looked at every cap and resistor I could and didn't see anything.

I was very lucky to find a board that cheap, and it was a good one too! It's in front of my treadmill right now and it's been working great.

I just got lucky, if it had not worked then I would be wondering if I got a bad used board or if something else was wrong.

I got the board off Ebay, must have been at least 10 to 15 on there so I bought the cheapest one. It was the same part number but came from a 32" and mine is a 37". I was a little worried about that, thought maybe the picture would not fill the screen or .... But I looked a new boards and they sell the same one for the 32 and the 37. Anyway it worked! And only cost me $33.99.

Good luck with yours if you are still working on it.