treetop

Bfoutdoors 8 Led Arrays

I am hard of hearing with the high pitched sounds 22 years around running airplanes I guess

I have had these sent back listened for hours and never actually heard the noise from a driver

Joe The only buzzing I have heard is the one recorded in a video That from what I can tell is completely different and in most cases I feel is a result of interference picked up by a cheap camera using a cheap amp and sometimes wired in a way that is doomed. I believe that is the noise that is heard in recordings I would recheck your wiring

I may not have explained myself well - on only VERY RARE occasions have I ever hear the actual array/driver buzzing - I've often thought that as well - here is what I am referring too...this is a short sequence to demonstrate my point - all of the day clips are fine both prior to and the next day, but this clip and the rest of the night clips have the same issue as soon as the array kicks on.....there is no audible sound coming from the array....this is configured with a DXG and Kit 98....

this clip is good until the 22 second mark, and then it recovers.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoGQn_femvA

this clip is craps out at the 3 second mark, recovers until the very end where just the clip ends you hear a rumble...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAzvOGEuayA

this clip is "bad" the whole way...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6y1uHokNpDE

If it were the wiring I would think there would be interference during the day vids too...

Am I off-base here??

Joe

I know if I don't get some I'll kick myself later. I'll take 3. Since I've been running the original BF leds at 12 volts, I've not had any noise problems.

4 for me please..when could we expect to see them Dave??

Edited by farmdude

I may not have been clear either The jazz and dxg cameras are peretty cheap chinese gadgets, the amps about the same the mike we use is also We are boosting the sound maybe 10 20 times with these components and then we I am sure do not have a clue as to what wire we should be using to shield away the interference if we even can when boosting the sound by so much I do not doubt there is noise in videos when we do these things. Buckshot has had these same noise occurances in his builds on occasion (I hope he stops in and confirms as I cannot be positive but think so) So yes there is always the chance for the noise

Joe I went back and watched the videos Not one deer reacted to the NOISE I cannot believe it was anything other than internal issues with the recording of the camera Any wild deer would jump out of its skin and every one completely ignotred them No way was that driver buzzing

First I would like to say I love these arrays.Not 1 problem!!!

12 Ringer......I have experienced all the noises you hear in the clips you posted and I was not running a BF Array in the build.

Thanks Dave for offering this deal.Hope we get enough gathered to put the order in.

G/day Dave,

I would like 2 if possible,

I also realise that the $$$ would vary for me if its possible to have you send them down under.

Cheers Robbo(down under)

New update

So second update tells me

Myself - 15

Boney - 5 to10

starlight - 5

befus - 3

bowgod - 4

jpb31 - 2

GA-BH - 4 to 5

The Phantom - 3

Fasterem - 2

smclark - 4

bbahunter -2

BlackHillsdave -2

TCscout -2

12 ringer -5

thevolkp - 3

irbowhunter - 3

farmdude - 4 Not sure guessing 1 month after order

robbbo - 2 No problem to down under Ill get them there

p26pursuit - 4

total 74 to 80

Sure, why not? Put me down for 2 please. Probrably never need them but what the hey, about the time I don't then someone on here will tell me I need this unit or that and it'll need one.

I assume they come complete just like the other ones...array and the driver

Edited by farmdude

First I would like to say I love these arrays.Not 1 problem!!!

12 Ringer......I have experienced all the noises you hear in the clips you posted and I was not running a BF Array in the build.

Thanks Dave for offering this deal.Hope we get enough gathered to put the order in.

Hey Boney - which array were you running and how did you resolve the issue?

For the record - these arrays are GREAT - the light output is perfect for wide array of applications - I thought I made it clear that I believe our innovation has gotten in our way with the addition of the amplifiers, mics, etc... - the cam mentioned in this thread is too good to retire - it captures some of the best quality footage of any DXG that I've seen or built - the sound is just off. In addition to switching the Kit98 to its own dedicated power supply in the 9-volt and boosting the available array voltage to 15 volts, I have reconfigured the wiring diagram and tried two different mics....the issue still presents itself within 20 night clips....

I am in the process of swapping out the BF array for a 12 LED Jagg array that I have kept in storage - I will also be reducing the voltage back down from 15 to 6 and see what happens there -

I also NEVER thought the deer would hear the sound and I am convinced the "disturbance" is linked to the draw from the array. The wires are all shielded, strategically routed away from the BF controller board, the sister board and the batts - I too believe Dave's explanation - just wondering if I can figure this out....

Joe