fasterem

Viv 3700 Wiring Issue

well I decided to take all the wires off my build and put different ones on becuase I think I had a wire that was not making good contact or something and well the one wire that I never took off or touched came off ;-( and well then the other one on the same post came off too ;-( so I am wondering how to replace them. the wire in question is the one that you see here, it looks like it goes on the inside closest to the flash its self but I really don't see any contacts there to solder it to, I know there is one that goes on the very end of the contact but the one I need to know about is on the inside, and before I started playing with it that wire was actually wrapped around the outside wire spot, can they be soldered in the same spot? or no

S5030027.jpg

nobody has EVER had this wire come off?????????????????????? Lol not shocked lol

One end of the strobe has one wire while the other end has 2 with one being closer to the sheild. The one that is close to the sheild has only a small amout of solder so that may be why it cam off. Just put it back on and solder it into place.

What I started doing once I know the slave flash is working after the modification is done I put a small drop of goop on the wires where they get soldered at so when I am moving the wires around they do not break off.

ya that is what happend but I sure couldn't see any place that had a solder spot on it LOL will have to clean the area up and take a better look LOL and the goop Idea is probably gonna be for sure LOL thanks

One end of the strobe has one wire while the other end has 2 with one being closer to the sheild. The one that is close to the sheild has only a small amout of solder so that may be why it cam off. Just put it back on and solder it into place.

What I started doing once I know the slave flash is working after the modification is done I put a small drop of goop on the wires where they get soldered at so when I am moving the wires around they do not break off.

ya that is what happend but I sure couldn't see any place that had a solder spot on it LOL will have to clean the area up and take a better look LOL and the goop Idea is probably gonna be for sure LOL thanks

I even gooped the wires on my last SM because they kept breaking while I was trying to find out why the SM kept resetting. No wires are going to break now.

If all else fails, you can wrap the end of the trigger wire around the strobe tube where it normally is attached onto the tube, and then solder it (the trigger wire) onto itself. The trigger wire sets up a strong electric field which causes ionization within the tube which then causes it to conduct, but typically the trigger wire is external (does not go inside the tube), and this is why you can typically just wrap it around the tube if needed.

Don

thanks Don for responding, I ALMOST said something like that in the original post but I didn't want to sound like any more of a moron than I am already cause that is exactly what it looked like to me lol, but I will still take a better look to make sure lol

If all else fails, you can wrap the end of the trigger wire around the strobe tube where it normally is attached onto the tube, and then solder it (the trigger wire) onto itself. The trigger wire sets up a strong electric field which causes ionization within the tube which then causes it to conduct, but typically the trigger wire is external (does not go inside the tube), and this is why you can typically just wrap it around the tube if needed.

Don

You helped me with another problem Mr. Don !!!!!

Thanks,

Ken

P.S. Tell Bill I said Hey !!!

well I did as both Don and "TT" suggested and now I have a perfectly working VIV 3700 ;-) Im thinking the wire that came off was the problem all along cause it would only work some of the time and I would get just sparks when touched the trigger wires, now as long as the cap is somewhat charged I Get FLASHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ;-) NOW IF WE CAN JUST FIGURE OUT THE AIO, A503 programing LOL

well I did as both Don and "TT" suggested and now I have a perfectly working VIV 3700 ;-) Im thinking the wire that came off was the problem all along cause it would only work some of the time and I would get just sparks when touched the trigger wires, now as long as the cap is somewhat charged I Get FLASHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ;-) NOW IF WE CAN JUST FIGURE OUT THE AIO, A503 programing LOL

At least you can get your AIO working somewhat. I can not get any juice flowing through mine.

Glad you got the flash working.

did you put the switch in?

At least you can get your AIO working somewhat. I can not get any juice flowing through mine.

Glad you got the flash working.