Sign in to follow this  
egbertdavis

How To Fix Your Nicd Batteries

I had an 18v Ryobi that the batteries were so bad that it was pretty much useless. One battery would not even charge, when I put it in the battery charger it would automatically show charged. I tried this, and I'll be darn, it worked. I now have batteries that are functioning very well. Almost like new.

http://www.ehow.com/how_6555032_fix-18v-ryobi-batteries.html

Save me a ton of money

Good Info, I hope it works.

24 volts is about a third more than 18 volts (18 X 1.33 = 24) so 1.33 * 12 = ~16 volts. If I think of it, tomorrow at work I'm going to do this to a weak 12 v battery using an 18volt cordless battery.

I'm used to hearing KaPow when I work on electronics but surely I won't hear another KaPow when applying just 2 volts over the spec right....................

thinking about KaPow, you might hear a KaBoom if the hydrogen of the car batteries ignite from the spark

CARCRZ

Did you trey the dewalt batteries yet ? I have a few that I was wondering if it will work on also

I had a 12v nicad that would drive about 3 or 4 drywall screws and be dead, gave it a shock from an 18v nicad and altho the 12volt ain't like new, it is WAYee better. I can't stall it while holding the chuck with my hands where before it'd stall easily

There was no spark when I "Tapped" it the 3 times, didn't think it did anything till I charged it up and did the Stall-Chuck test