bigbassmann

Remote Slave ?

I am doing a white flash remote for a guy and he wants the option to be able to add the IR filter if he wanted to. I know some of you have made builds with the option to change between white flash and IR. How is that accomplished? Are you just adding some sort of holder to slide the filter into on the front of the case? Some pics would be nice. :)

Edited by bigbassmann

On my IR/White flash units I us the flip front that is used on welding helmets to hold in the welding lens, Flip up for white flash flip down for IR flash, ( The flip up holder is holding the IR lens material )

Sorry no pics available all my units are in the field

I used pieces of a small project box and gooped it to the front of the case, it turned out nice.

post-7241-1316666686_thumb.jpg

Edited by ohiowhitetailfreak

I did the Velcro thing on mine. Those other ideas are nice. Don't have pics and it is also in the field.

I used pieces of a small project box and gooped it to the front of the case, it turned out nice.

post-7241-1316666686_thumb.jpg

That is a real nice setup.

I am doing a white flash remote for a guy and he wants the option to be able to add the IR filter if he wanted to. I know some of you have made builds with the option to change between white flash and IR. How is that accomplished? Are you just adding some sort of holder to slide the filter into on the front of the case? Some pics would be nice. :)

Ralph,

I might be missing something but how will a remote slave work when it is converted to IR? Is there going to still be the white flash from the camera so the slave pics up the flash? If so then why a white/ir remote because would you not get the bright white flash? I am confusing myself on this so hopefully someone can clear it up for me.

I am confusing myself

Yep you are. :lol:

Ya need a filter over the camera flash. The slave will pick it up , IR is light just not white that we see.

Emmett, being able to switch between white flash and IR on the slave flash means you could use it with whichever camera you are using at that particular time. If you set out a camera that has been converted to IR you would put the IR filter on the slave or if using a white flash camera you could remove the IR filter on the slave. It just makes a single slave flash useable with both.

I am confusing myself

Yep you are. :lol:

Ya need a filter over the camera flash. The slave will pick it up , IR is light just not white that we see.

That is good to know.........See Jon I can be taught somethings......... :D

Emmett, being able to switch between white flash and IR on the slave flash means you could use it with whichever camera you are using at that particular time. If you set out a camera that has been converted to IR you would put the IR filter on the slave or if using a white flash camera you could remove the IR filter on the slave. It just makes a single slave flash useable with both.

I'm glad you asked this Question Ralph because I am getting ready to do a S.A.S.F and know that I know you can build it for either white flash or IR flash just wish it would work with an A503 build.

You can Emmett. Just have the remote slave controller set to single flash. The onboard slave would trigger the remote.

Edited by bowgod02

You can Emmett. Just have the remote slave controller set to single flash. The onboard slave would trigger the remote.

x2

You could have a whole line of slaves to really light up the woods if you wanted to. :D

I would have to mod the chip to a single flash?