IroquoisArcher

Nostalgic Smells

Okay keep it clean.

Just cleaning out a rifle this evening and the smell of Hoppes #9 brought back good memories of years ago when I began hunting, when as a youth (actually almost all boys of that age) just couldn't wait for deer season to get there, almost like CHRISTmas eve and not being able to sleep the night before opener.

Anyone else have something that brings back good memories?

:lol: beans! That's funny.

Hoppes #9 is a good one. Canvas, is another, for me. Reminds me of camping as a kid in that old canvas tent my parents had.

i cant say its really nostalgic since im only 24. the first morning of rifle season. It is usually cold and i love the fresh brisk air at 5am, doesnt get much better than that. the other is 2 stroke snowmobile exhaust, dont know why, i just love it.

Diesel fuel exhaust and cigar smoke, reminds me of riding in the front of my grandfathers tractors on the farm, he would drive into a groundhog hole and I'd hit my head on the cab window, explains everything I guess :wacko:

Edited by johnnydeerhunter

I'm still being reminded of the beans I had yesterday :blush:

I was thinkinking along those same lines.

But he DID say "good" smells and I guess what we thought of were sure not "good" smells ! :):)

No no...he said good memories, those were good beans :)

There are ceder trees where I hunted deer as a kid, the smell of those trees remind me of of those days.

A blackbird took up nesting at my little water hole behind the house this year. The singing the pair of blackbird did this year reminded me of a favorite hole I used to fish when I was a boy. The blackbirds would hang on to the side of cattails going in the shallow end of the pond and make that magic music. :) These birds are the ones that are all black except a patch of red on their wing. Very pretty.

Love the smell of Hoppe's and Ed's Red!!