Sign in to follow this  
BUCKSOH

Buck Down

Well I start my week vacation today and my buck tag is filled, kind of bitter sweet. The day started off great had a small buck running a doe around in the woods then in the corn and boy was that loud, had 2 other bucks come by checking bedding areas also small, then this guy comes by at about 715, he came up wind , I had to let him get in the brush before I reached for my grunt call so he would not catch movement , hit it a few times and he stops, out of sight about 70 yards, I knew he was still there becasue I could smell him, his legs are almost black due to urine, he stunk, after 5 min he starts walking away from me, so I hit the call pretty hard, that did it he turned on a dime and came in on a string, hittting every tree on his way, he was hot that there was another buck in his area, he took a trail that leads to the back of my stand, stopped at 20 yards and stuck one between his chest and shoulder, went maybe 100 yards and I watched him crash. Got him home and on the scale, 190lbs huge deer, no wonder it was so hard dragging him. I think I have a few pics of him but they are not reall good pics, I'll post those later, going to the woods now with my camera, the woods areound me are pretty hot right now.

post-729-1320659781_thumb.jpg

post-729-1320659790_thumb.jpg

Nice!

Contratulations! Great looking buck!

Very nice deer. You are right. The woods are hot. Now is the time to hunt...

Wow Eric that's nice and the story to. I bet Skylar liked the story. :D Edited by Abby

wow that some good width on him... how wide is the inside spread... I'm guessing 18" or better. Congratulations! :)