Sign in to follow this  

Spontaneous Spinal Fluid Leak

Sudden and severe headache, cold chills from the pain, and nausea, were her symptoms. The pain would almost go away if she laid down, but would come right back if she elevated her head at all. You can read a little about it if you want to.

http://www.spinalheadache.org/patientinfo.htm

Several MRI, CAT scan, and spinal tap, gave little to go on, but I'd bet my left _ _ _ that is it.

Tonight, for the first time in a week, she can stand up, and she is sooooo happy to say "My head doesn't hurt"

Prayers do help!!!

That quote is from a topic from a year ago. I'm very happy to say my wife has completely recovered.

It's rare, but something that can happen, so I thought I'd pass it along. Spontaneous Spinal Fluid Leak

Thanks! She was much better a month or so after the onset, but it's been a long year with me worrying about it happening again. She spent 6 days in the hospital bed and they never really took it serious, but it was very serous. They said it could be meningitis, a brain tumor, etc., so they tried a spinal tap to try and get some fluid to check. They couldn't get any fluid. I made them treat her for meningitis anyway, because it can kill you, and that may have helped her heal. I felt like the doctors were incompetent, and I took her out of there and brought her home, where she gradually got better by herself. Another member here is the one who told me what he thought had happened to her. There is no doubt in my mind that was what it was, I'm just glad she didn't have to suffer any longer than she did. When I researched it, I found many stories of people being misdiagnosed for months, and suffering with the terrible pain.

Here is a link to a google search, I'm hoping to get the info out there so it might help someone else.

Spontaneous Spinal Fluid Leak

Wow, glad she is alright now. Can't remember seeing this but don't remember alot either (they tell me it's from getting older but I know...what was I talking about?).