Sign in to follow this  
IroquoisArcher

MSG

Figure I'll help you guys out. This is for what it's worth. I didn't really look into it much. It was sent by my sister and is long so will just paste a small portion and you can check the link(s).

MSG hides behind 25 or more names, such as Natural Flavoring.' MSG is even

in your favorite coffee from Tim Horton's and Starbucks coffee shops! I

wondered if there could be an actual chemical causing the massive obesity

epidemic, and so did a friend of mine, John Erb. He was a research

assistant at the University of Waterloo in Ontario , Canada , and spent

years working for the government. He made an amazing discovery while going

through scientific journals for a book he was writing called The Slow

Poisoning of America.

In hundreds of studies around the world, scientists were creating obese

mice and rats to use in diet or diabetes test studies. No strain of rat or

mice is naturally obese, so scientists have to create them. They make these

creatures morbidly obese by injecting them with MSG when they are first

born.

The MSG triples the amount of insulin the pancreas creates, causing rats

(and perhaps humans) to become obese. They even have a name for the fat

rodents they create: 'MSG-Treated Rats.'

If you are one of the few who can still believe that MSG is good for us and

you don't believe what John Erb has to say, see for yourself. Go to the

National Library of Medicine at http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/ . Type in the words 'MSG

Obese' and read a few of the 115 medical studies that appear.

This is what I got when doing the link. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?term=msg%20obese

Edited by IroquoisArcher

Since this was posted I have been reading a little about MSG. There seems to be as much out there saying it is safe as not safe. I know it sure makes stuff taste better, I used to have a bottle in the cabinet. I have come to the conclusion it is not safe to eat, drink or breathe...

Chris,

Like I said I haven't done any checking on this other then hitting my sisters link and skipping through it. All I know too (which isn't much) is that after surgeries or in for tests they have you order your food and they won't let me have any of the "good" things I want. After one of the episodes they did give me a list of things to avoid. You know how hard it is to find stuff without msg? And that tastes good?

Just decided to post this as something the weight loss contest might want to consider as I lost about 8# in 2 weeks, and I can't afford to lose any! I went back to buying and eating anything I want as the doctors must not know what their talking about (go into each of my 3 doctors and they have a list of my medications and as an example the neurologist asks me why I'm on 2 medications THEY prescribed for me. Guess I'm a M.D. now!!

I hope you don't lose anymore weight Jon or you have to change your name to Skelator. :P JK

I'll have to read up on this and thanks for the post.

I hope you don't lose anymore weight Jon or you have to change your name to Skelator. :P JK

I'll have to read up on this and thanks for the post.

Emmett,

I was down to 126# even though I was eating like a pig. Finally one of the doctors asked why I was on this pill as it did the same as another pill I was on plus one of the adverse effects of it is weight loss. Can't believe all these doctors prescribe stuff and don't know the interactions or even that they basically are duplicates.

BTW it was sotalol (for betapace) and I have some here that can go to the highest bidder who wants to win the weight loss contest...NOT!

Edited by IroquoisArcher