BowmanPa

Ncfarmer

I have a Ruger lever action .22 LR I would be interested in getting the stock dipped in the shull orange film. I would have to take it to a gun smith to get it tore down due to I have never taken a gun apart before. How long would it take to dip it and also would it be hard to dip the barrel also?

Emmett

I have a Ruger lever action .22 LR I would be interested in getting the stock dipped in the shull orange film. I would have to take it to a gun smith to get it tore down due to I have never taken a gun apart before. How long would it take to dip it and also would it be hard to dip the barrel also?

Emmett

most 22's just have 2 scerws holding the barrel and action to the stock but been a while since ive handled a lever action. Yes the barrel can be dipped but im working on getting a gunsmith permit( dont have yet and have to have in order to change anything other than stock, and i dont want to piss the tob and firearms guys off lol) i tell cstomers two weeks in my hands but it is usually less than that, just keeps folks from getting upset if im swamped.

So if I get the gun broken down and shipped what all would you need barrel, stock, lever, trigger?

Just the stock since I'm not supposed to dip barrels until I get a permit from the fed gov. Seems funny huh, I thought they were kidding but I was let know in no uncertain terms they were not.

Just the stock since I'm not supposed to dip barrels until I get a permit from the fed gov. Seems funny huh, I thought they were kidding but I was let know in no uncertain terms they were not.

Ok I'll let you know when I get it broken down and shipped to you.

What if I dipped my own barrel? Can I get in trouble for that?

No, you do your own. I just can't take posetion of a firearm and charge to work on it without a permit.

Ok I'll let you know when I get it broken down and shipped to you.

Alrighty