Sign in to follow this  
aparham

Little Rusty...

5 posts in this topic

I haven't been on here in a LONG time... B)

What's the latest board of choice? Have new developments made it cost effective to get back into homebrews? :P

Yep.

Oh wait, you want to know which one the yep is to.

Board of choice is like asking which is prefered, Ford or Chevy. Alot of gues are going with Snapshot Snipers SSII or one of his others as the size is alot smaller so you can get away with smaller cases. I like the yeti as only one I've used except one of Gary's with a D380.

AIO board is what I'm beginning to use alot more of but the guys who do the programming for them are where I go to get them programmed. Thing about the AIO though is there probrably will never be a run to make the boards up again. That being the case unless someone was willing to part with some to you then you are out of luck with it. Also you've got to remember (or be made aware of) the AIO board set up is a NOT FOR PROFIT understanding. Alot of versatility with the board but just to make you aware of that in case you didn't know.

Guess forgot to put this in. First build I ever did was with a yeti board, S40 and small Walmart box and it cost me under $80.00 to do. With the AIO and keeping my max. bid low on a camera (again would be S40 range) and depending on case can make some up in the $65.00 by being frugal again and using items (tools, goop, etc.) you already have. Picture quality even from a cheap D380 blows the commercial ones away (okay, most of the ones guys buy which are the mid to inexpensive ones and then some of the more expensive ones...I like the pics on my original S40 over the Cuddie Capture which is an almost $200.00 cam a year or two ago).

Edited by IroquoisArcher

Welcome back!

Thanks 212! I missed you!

I feel ya there, I guess I have to start showing my mug back in here again. I haven't touched a camera in about 4 or 5 months. Guess I'll have to have Robbie and Peanut show me how to do it all over again in a few weeks. Funny, I looked at a camera I started working on 5 months ago with Peanut a few weeks ago....I'm lost all over again!