Sign in to follow this  
Passthru

Thought I'd Show Off Couple Items

First off, not selling at this time, besides I'd have to go through Chris, and post elsewhere. So I just wanted to throw up a couple calls I made here recently for y'all to look at and critique.

First is a Turkey pot, it's made of Redwood Burl, it is Slate over a glass soundboard, and it actually makes turkey sounds. The striker is Hickory with a scrap PC of Redwood on top.

4b5e91af.jpg

Also, this picture has a Coyote Howler in it, Redwood Burl as well.

1aa1a610.jpg

The next is made from Cedar, i put a tone board and distress reed in it, and I have to say, it screams, sorry I don't have pics of it completed.

5aba17ae.jpg

Those are purdy!!!!

Boy are those things ugly. They stink! (trying to talk myself out of having to buy one when they come out! :) ) Actually those look nice. I like that slate one!

I have one of Grizzly's mini lathes.

I have one of Grizzly's mini lathes.

I was at Grizzly in December and was looking at their mini lathes. I'll be heading up to their tent sale to see what kind of deals are to be had. Hope to bring a lathe home as well as a couple other pieces.

Need some tips. I just inherited a lathe and need to figure out ow to use it! Calls look great!

coondog, any questions fire away, do the best i can. you can learn a lot on youtube by punching in wood turning.

you will need a few extras to go on the lathe depending on what your wanting to turn.