Sign in to follow this  
Cam Fan

A Huge Thanks Goes Out To ...........

I was lucky enought to be contacted by Egbertdavis about a camera build get together. Little did he know what to expect when I got there. I was like the dumb blonde lol. Not only did I come, but my son did also. Thanks to all the attendies the parts we did not have and that was alot we were able to buy or trade for. Ron worked non stop with both of us and Peanut and all the others. I wanted my sons camera to get complete which they did and mine was not completely wired up. I got in touch with Peanut to ask some questions. After the pause and he knew how much was left he told me and he did, he came to my house yesterday and finished the build with me. He did most of it like Ron on the first day. My hat goes off to Egbertdavis, Peanut and Bowtie for going above and beyond being helpful. If Bowtie hosts a build day you need to go! I have found that the building of cameras is just part of the deal with HB cams. I think it is a group that is willing to share parts and knowledge at a moments notice. Thanks and I do have what some may say my first build but now I am going to order the parts and do my first build. :) I have learned alot!!! oh yeah my son is chomping at the bit to start one too! Another thing that will keep us doing things together in the years to come.

Steve

Everyone on this site even though I have not met only a few in my area are a great bunch of guys (and gals) to know. I have Pmed with alot and have talked to some on the phone like Peanut (John), Bigbassman (Ralph), ghoot (Gary) and IroquoisArcher (Jon) and a couple others I have talked to.

At the workshops you learn alot and yes everyone is willing to help you out when you get stuck or need a part.

I have slowed down in builds but I am keeping up with everyone on here learning stuff.

It would be real nice if someday we could get a place and have a Camfest were different ones gome from different parts of the US to get together and share what they know.... unlike me lack of wht I know.

Cam Fan you had a great bunch of guys to work with at the workshop you were at.

Ditto on the great bunch of guys. They will take their time out from doing there stuff and without hesitation (usually) help you. Parts seem in abundance too like you said. But the most important thing besides the friends made is the FOOD!

P.S. You may think that being a newbie at these things you might not have anything to contribute but even the gurus some of the times see something you did different and learn from you too (not often but one did pick up something from me, now I can't remember what it was but I remember who!).

Edited by IroquoisArcher