3.48 second start-up B)

This was with the camera in one shot mode, where it starts the recording on it's own when powered on. A Bigfoot board was programmed to start the stopwatch the instant movement was detected, then power the camera right after the stopwatch started. I had it set to it's lowest resolution for faster downloading, it gets much better than that.

Timer and camera did start the instant movement was detected, but the clock could not be read. So I added a 10ms delay before the camera powers on, and it reads:

post-215-1333768383_thumb.jpg

Makes it nice when testing codes to see what works best.

That orange towel I have on my desk seems to upset the white balance in low light, it usually puts out a lot better looking picture. When I first read about the thing I wrote it off as an overpriced toy, but it might have some potential for us.

I can tell you that the Gopro is an extremely rugged camera. We have one that we strapped onto a Modified dirt race car for in car footage. Lots of extremely rough laps that camera logged. I will have to see if my brother still has any of that footage.

Faster than I though it was, but hard to justify spending the kind of money they sell for on a camera that slow.

I agree with Davis. With it being that slow is it really worth it?? Thanks for doing the testing that was needed Chris. We voted over on Camtrapper to test this unit and it won by a landslide. Another member had built a unit using the GoPro in it so "THEY" decided to not do any testing. This type of testing was never done by that member so we would have never known if not for you. Thanks Buddy. Much appreciated! !!!!

You guys might want to look at the Contour series of cameras. One press (actually slide) of a button turns on the cam and starts it recording. I have the contour roam which I recently picked up for $89. It's very wide angle but there are mods out there to replace the lens. http://contour.com/products/contour-roam

GoPro has a reputation, so I'm still going to see what else it has to offer that justifies the price. It already has a bus connector with connections for just about everything we need, I just wish it was in a different place.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the new hero3+ black has a feature you cam set that it will start recording the second the button is pressed.

I sent that Contour brand to F. Jim to make a unit and it wasn't fast enough on the trigger and crumbled to pieces when opened up to hack right outa the box.

I had a Contour that I tried to hack. Same experience... Too slow and not easy to hack.