bulltalk.65

My New Micro W55/ssii Cam

All done with the hand paint job and it also takes some great pics from testing in the backyard...cant wait to take it to the hills..

someone said "hubble" and micro so I think it just got a new name to, the "Micro Hubble SS55"....lol

post-5014-1336835240_thumb.jpg

Edited by bulltalk.65

Oh yea!!!!

Sweet, Sure wish that I could get as good as all of you guys!

One day soon grasshopper.................................and lots of $$ you don't have :lol:

5 hours ago, buckhuntertrailcam said:

Wow that's tiny George it makes that fresnel look huge. Do you think that is the smallest camera one can hack for a build?

Well, I dont think its the smallest cam to hack or if its the smallest built but it is definitely small.  That otter 1000 is probably the smallest case to get a full size cam in, that w55 barely fit but it did without any grinding inside.

I had made a comment years ago when I built it that "I'd have to be careful or I'd lose it" , well that happened the last time I had it out, I placed it on a small fir tree right smack dab on a trail and somehow when I went back for it I ended up forgetting which "small fir tree" it was on....  It took me over an hour to find it,

I had actually walked by it 3 times (pictures of myself on the cam) before I spotted it. I'd have sworn it was gone and was getting pee'd off because I thought someone had stolen it or a bear had grabbed it (had that happen before as well) and drug it off.

I only use it for checking trails because of the weak flash but it is an excellent stealth cam, fast trigger and works perfect for scouting areas on short term hangs (4 to 7 days) to get me info on what is passing thru...  

Edited by bulltalk.65

You got me thinking about a micro build now lol. I looked at the Sony W55 but I want a camera that takes an SD card. Any suggestions on a small camera that uses an SD card that has the hack published, say on utube?

Any suggestions on a small camera that uses an SD card that has the hack published, say on utube?

The Fuji J10 takes SD cards, is small and fast -- it has a fairly weak flash and the battery doesn't last long (I've run mine exclusively on externals), and won't perform well in cold weather, but the hack is on YouTube. If you don't plan on leaving the camera out long the battery should last a week or so.

On 11/10/2018 at 1:34 AM, buckhuntertrailcam said:

You got me thinking about a micro build now lol. I looked at the Sony W55 but I want a camera that takes an SD card. Any suggestions on a small camera that uses an SD card that has the hack published, say on utube?

I think Dave did a hack years ago on video for that little HP camera, I think it was HP E337 It uses sd cards and was 0retty quick trigger. The flash was good and it uses 2 AA's.

Its in here somewhere .

Edited by bulltalk.65