I am having issues with my Computer reconizing an SD or even a micro SD with an adaptor. It use to read them with a card reader but it will not any more. :angry:

I will plug it in and the computer will just sit there and then finially will say nothing found even though there is pictures on there. It will pop up a (G:) no matter what USB I plug it into.

I can get pics off of it if i have the card in my new kodak camera i bought for my wife but other than that I can not get video to load on the computer from a Camcorder we have and have been able to retreave videos in the past.

Anyone have any Ideas in how to get the computer to work with the (G:) and reading the SD cards again?

Thanks,

Emmett

• 2 weeks later...

What kind of computer-Windows,Mac?And what kind of reader are you using and last-how are you getting videos to transfer?

Could be several things. Will the card reader read a different SD card? Hard to say if it is a card reader or memory card issue. I know I have read that using the same card in different devices at times can corrupt the files on the memory cards. You will lose the files on the card. But you can low level format the card, then format it in the device you want to use it in. If that does not work and the reader is good. Then memory card is junk.

I had to do a system recovery and reinstall everything. Somehow the the G drive got messed up. Now I can get my videos off my Camcorder and SD cards.

Is the card reader in computer or stand alone model?If in computer-maybe missing a driver for it.Need more info on card reader you are using and how are you using it?