Firemanjim

New Ir Camera - Samsung Pl200

Got this a few weeks ago and decided I would open it up this morning and figure out the hack and timing. Very fast extending lens camera. 1.4 seconds to the first power on to first picture. IR hack is very simple. Has the nice date and time feature that can be stamped on the photos. Takes SD cards. Other solder points are kinda small. 3.7v battery system so 2 AA, C, or D's will work nicely. Has the B/W feature and it will hold it between power on and off's. Here are a few test pics I took. First 3 are in my backyard during the daytime. Last pic is in my son's room in the basement with a pc of BF's 1 1/4" IR material covering the flash. Not too bad but will probably want a slave with it.

SAM_0024.jpg

SAM_0025.jpg

SAM_0027.jpg

SAM_0001.jpg

What do you want to know??? Works great. Super clear. Great battery life. Requires a slave flash.

Has anyone used the Samsung p200 cam yet?

I have a chance to pick one up for $30 and I love the IR cams and looking at Jim's pictures it looks like a great cam.

Has anyone used the Samsung p200 cam yet?

I have a chance to pick one up for $30 and I love the IR cams and looking at Jim's pictures it looks like a great cam.

For $30.00 I would give it a try. Jim's pics look pretty good.

I haven't heard of anyone using one yet. If I come across one I would do a build with it.

Here is a review of it:

http://www.steves-digicams.com/camera-revi...ations-117.html

In the left margin is more info to click on.

Bill

Edited by ko4nrbs

Thanks Bill I'm going to try to get it, as if I need another camera :lol: :lol: :lol: