wolvenkinde

S600 Power Button Replacement?

Sorry to add this on this topic but since I don't have 50 post yet I cannot start a post on my own. I am wondering if any one can tell me how to replace the power button on a s600? I have bought a tact switch but am looking for a little help on how to replace it.

thanks

Gerrit

just posting this up for Cypressbrake - anybody got an idea(I have never replaced one myself)

Edited by wolvenkinde

Here is the one I did. I cut a little square hole, inserted the switch about half way in the hole and glued it in. I used some left over servo wire to wire from the switch to the pads on the old pushbutton. I would solder extra wires to the new push button to use for the hack to the control board before I glue it in. Not much information but all I got.

http://www.hagshouse.com/forums/index.php?...c=47669&hl=

I have 3 S600s I am going to do something similiar with. I'm going to mount a momentary switch inside the box and just wire it in parallel with power and common wires going to the control board. Pretty easy to do and will be easier than TCSCOUT's method.

Bill

That will work, easier for sure. I could have just put the switch on the outside of the camera but it was going in a tight spot and the switch needed to be almost flush or it would hit the case. If your going to leave it in the case then your way is the easiest method to use.

I believe you only need 50 posts to start a post in the for sale section.

Right, the 50 post rule applies only to that forum so unknown's don't suddenly offer things for sale. Anyone can start a thread on the other forums.

Thank you for the idea's but I am a real novice at this and learn as I go so this might be dumb question but there are four little tabs on the switch which ones do I solder too. Does anyone may have a video or diagram to teach me a little easier?

Use two tabs on the same side. Then you can remove the 2 on the other side if you like. Let me look when I get home I think I have a couple made up and I will snap a picture and post it. There are no dumb questions on this forum. No one knows everything and most everyone is willing to help with that they do know.

You need a picture of the solder points on a S600? That I do not have. I thought you were asking about where to solder to the tactical switch its self. My bad.

This is from Gary's SSS Site. For power you can wire one to the power button and the other to the ground. Unless you want two wires to the old push button. Then you would have to use a meter to figure that out or find another hack somewhere. With a meter you could read from ground to the 4 corners on the pushbutton until you find the common one. Or get on the power on the push button and read ohms on the meter while pushing the button down. But that big ground spot in the picture would be easier to solder to than the push button anyway. Up to you?

post-5460-1345764483_thumb.jpg

Then there is this one on the ribbon cable, but as you probable know it's a lot smaller than it looks in the picture. I have never tried one that way, it looks easier on the button to me?

post-5460-1345764964_thumb.jpg