steve

Haven't Touched My Bow

I did something a couple months ago to my shoulder and have been suffering ever since. I was hoping it would have been better by now but I finally made an appt .with an orthopedic to see what's going on. Bow hunting looks very bleek right now. I have been looking at crossbows but can't decide on which one to get. I can hardly even pick one up in the store. I first started looking at Excaliburs and now have been eyeing up 10 point bows. Any suggestions or opinions on what you have been using? I probably wouldn't even go this year but I have seen some really nice bucks behind the house.

It's no fun being hurt for sure. I switched from a compound to a crossbow this year, I'm shooting a Excalibur Exocet 200 and love it but with a shoulder problem you may want a compound crossbow. I bought my wife a pink camo Parker Challenger, adjustable either 125 or 150 lbs, short, light weight an easy for her to handle. It's a great shooter @ 300fps & very accurate. Has a Hawe illuminated scope, Parker sling. Shes in love with it an can cock & load it herself.

Edited by Buckhunter1

I have a Ten Point (titan TL4) I bought a few years ago because I was having problems with my carpal tunnel. Ten Point is awesome and they really stand behind their product. When I bought it from Gander Mtn. the goof working there split the string when he installed the string silencers (You do that on a compound but not on a cross bow with these type of silencers) and the thing made a loud thud when I shot it. I called Ten Point and they were great, I don’t live to far away from there and Barb took my bow in the back and in a few minutes I was ready to hunt. I called last year about some rubber rings on my quiver that were dry rotten and Barb sent them out that day free of charge. The thing shoots like a dream and I took a 11 pt double drop tine with it, this weekend my buddy shot a groundhog with it from about 20 yards. You can’t go wrong with Ten Point!!!!!!

My friends dad has the Excalibur and he likes it but I never shot it.