Skewerer

Looking For A Pic Of An Old Trail Camera

Hey guys. I have an unusual request. I work as the managing editor for the Louisiana-based Bayou Bucks Magazine. We have a humor section that we call, "Then vs. Today" where we compare outdoor products past and present.

We are planning on comparing the first commercial trail cameras with the trail cameras of today's era with all of the bells and whistles. However, I am in need of a picture of one of the oldies.

Does anyone have a picture of an older model trail camera that they would share with me for the article? The kicker is that I'd need the pic in high resolution (not resized as they appear online in the forum).

Thanks in advance!

Matthew

email: matt@bayoubucks.com

Edited by Skewerer

That stinks......I had one. It was a trail master plus. I only have the one half ( the piece with the motion sensor ) you would plug the camera attatchment to it. The camera attatchment was a top and bottom plate with four long bolts with wing nuts. You would put your camera in between the two plates making sure to line up the trigger that would push the shutter button and tighten up the wing nuts. Then you would adjust the trigger for height. That was just about twenty years ago. I also still have a trail timer that you would put the thread across the trail and it would only give you a time and the direction was indicated by the way the thread was pulled.

How far back you want to go with the first cams? What year? I still have my first cam but that might not be early enough..

and it still would work if I had film for it and wasn't so pricey to develop the film. :P

How far back you want to go with the first cams? What year? I still have my first cam but that might not be early enough..

and it still would work if I had film for it and wasn't so pricey to develop the film. :P

It doesn't really matter how far back as long as you can tell it's a 35mm camera from the pic of the exterior. Thanks bat!

Yes, I remember sitting in the drug store parking lot excitedly flipping though several rolls worth of pictures...of crows, does, and coons! Ah, the good ole' days! lol

Here ya go a Moultie 35mm cam setup.I still have this setup as is--like new--yes,it still works..

post-180-1349812671_thumb.jpg

post-180-1349812683_thumb.jpg

post-180-1349812734_thumb.jpg

Here are the instructions for it:

post-180-1349812857_thumb.jpg

post-180-1349812864_thumb.jpg

post-180-1349812870_thumb.jpg

Sent you a pm Skewerer.

I have a beauty for ya if I can find it, lol.

<nevermind....you said commercial>

In the meantime, remind me again how I make all the replies appear on the same page so I can scroll and read instead of having to click on each response......... :bag:

Edited by Tominator