fasterem

Trying To Reprogram An Ss Chip?

post-5460-1351463908_thumb.jpgclick on input 3 or it will just sit there all day. I think Gary's PIR goes low for input and high for no motion detectected. It will get hung in walktest unless you keep pin 3 high.

To answer your next question :D after it comes out of walktest make input 3 low to take a picture.

I thought you had to change the pin assignments over from the 08M to 08M2 as they are named differently. Maybe the 08M2 knows if you say pin 1 in your code that you really mean pin C.1? Maybe the guys at Rev Ed knew that people would be using 08M code on 08M2 chips as they phase the 08M out so they built this into the firmware on the chip?

The 08M code runs fine in the simulator with the 08M2 option selected so it seems it will work on the chip when downloaded. I didn't think it would but simulator shows otherwise.

Well I did a little messing around with this last night, the m2 chip did work but I'm not 100% sure it worked prop, so I just started playing with program on the chip that was in it, so far got it down from right at 5 count from motion to shutter to right at 4 count, still seams like a long long pause from when lens extends till it shutters, didn't have a lot of time to play around last night but any suggestions would help, its a j20 btw

not exactly sure on the j20 though I do know it is a touch slower than the j10...one thing I found that really slowed down the j10 was the way you have it numbering the pics -so make sure your 'FRAME NO.'(in settings menu) is on 'RENEW' (NOT 'Continuous')...when I was testing out pdskal's ss2 program being in continuous mode caused the j10 to take 5-6 secs to shutter as opposed to under 2 secs(actually closer to 1 sec). Buck66 also had a suggestion(which I have forgotten) in the cams menu/settings somewhere that will speed it up a touch as well. 4 secs is definitely not up to the cameras speed capability and you should be able to get it to right about 2secs I'd think. Might want to check this first before thinking the program needs much more tweeking.

Ya I did look at the frame and changed it but can't remember what I changed it to lol, let me ask you, how do you time your cams? Meaning how exactly did you test that j10 and come up with the 2sec or under?

I got a little stop watch tool on the computer....aim the cam at the screen and trigger it(wave hand across front of sensor) - of course you make sure you know what time(what second mark) you triggered at and then it takes a pic of the screen when it triggers telling you the when it shuttered the pic...can also go by time the second(final) flash goes off(not precise to the tenth of a second but you can figure the .5sec interval approximately)....I always test with flash going as I figure that with out it'll be a touch faster.

btw - got the idea from anthony's tests over on chasingame.com

Edited by wolvenkinde

not exactly sure on the j20 though I do know it is a touch slower than the j10...one thing I found that really slowed down the j10 was the way you have it numbering the pics -so make sure your 'FRAME NO.'(in settings menu) is on 'RENEW' (NOT 'Continuous')...when I was testing out pdskal's ss2 program being in continuous mode caused the j10 to take 5-6 secs to shutter as opposed to under 2 secs(actually closer to 1 sec). Buck66 also had a suggestion(which I have forgotten) in the cams menu/settings somewhere that will speed it up a touch as well. 4 secs is definitely not up to the cameras speed capability and you should be able to get it to right about 2secs I'd think. Might want to check this first before thinking the program needs much more tweeking.

just checked mine and was just about the same on renew as continuous ;-(

ok this is the code I have running it right now around 4 seconds, anybody show me where I can change some numbers to try to speed it up? ive tried a few different numbers but I want to see if anybody else can see any that might work thanks

symbol ShutterPin=0

symbol CameraPowerPin=1

symbol TrailFeederSwitchPin=pin2

symbol MotionSensorInputPin=pin3

symbol LEDpin=4

'symbol PAXE=5

symbol ActivityMode=bit0 '0=off and 1 = on

symbol StartWithWalkTestONorOff=bit1

symbol CameraIsONorOFF=bit2 'keep track of camera being on or off for activity mode

symbol TimeToTurnCamOnToRefreshFlash=w3

symbol TmeWaitAfterCamOnToPresShuter=w4

symbol DelayBetweenPictures=w5

symbol TimeForWalkTestToEnd=w6 'delay for walktest

symbol i=b1

disablebod

Low ShutterPin

Low CameraPowerPin

Low LEDpin

input 2

CameraIsONorOFF = 0

Pause 5000

'++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

TimeToTurnCamOnToRefreshFlash=25000 '25,000 = 1 hour, 50,000 = 2 hours with NAP3 (.144)

TmeWaitAfterCamOnToPresShuter=1000'"1.2 S"

StartWithWalkTestONorOff = 1 'on = 1 off = 0

DelayBetweenPictures=26 '26 = 60 seconds between pics in feeder mode

TimeForWalkTestToEnd = 208 'Time for walktest 0.144 secondss for nap3(208x0.144 = 30 seconds)

'++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Walktst:

IF StartWithWalkTestONorOff = 1 Then

w1=w1+1

NAP 3

IF MotionSensorInputPin = 0 Then

High LEDpin

Pause 1000

Low LEDpin

Pause 3000 'for sensor to settle

w1=0

EndIF

IF w1 >=TimeForWalkTestToEnd Then

StartWithWalkTestONorOff = 0

For i = 1 to 10

High LEDpin

Pause 200

Low LEDpin

Pause 100

next i

Pause 1000

GoTo lowpower

EndIF

EndIF

GoTo Walktst

lowpower:

IF MotionSensorInputPin=0 Then

IF CameraIsONorOFF=0 Then

Pause 10

IF TrailFeederSwitchPin = 0 Then

ActivityMode=0

Else

ActivityMode=1

EndIF

EndIF

IF ActivityMode = 0 Then

If CameraIsONorOFF=0 Then

Pause 10

High CameraPowerPin ' Turn Camera ON

Pause 500

Low CameraPowerPin

CameraIsONorOFF=1

Pause TmeWaitAfterCamOnToPresShuter

endif

High ShutterPin ' Take a Picture

Pause 1000

Low ShutterPin

Sleep 5

High CameraPowerPin ' Turn Camera OFF

Pause 500

Low CameraPowerPin

CameraIsONorOFF=0

w1=0

Sleep DelayBetweenPictures

EndIF

IF ActivityMode = 1 Then

IF CameraIsONorOFF=0 Then

Pause 10

Pause 500

Low CameraPowerPin

CameraIsONorOFF=1

Pause TmeWaitAfterCamOnToPresShuter

EndIF

High ShutterPin ' Take a Picture

Pause 3000

Low ShutterPin

Pause 2000

w1=0

EndIF

w2=0

EndIF

IF CameraIsONorOFF=1 Then

w1=w1+1

IF w1>=300 Then 'Keep Camera on for 30 seconds for Activity Mode

Pause 1000

Low CameraPowerPin

CameraIsONorOFF=0

w1=0

Sleep 2

EndIF

EndIF

w2=w2+1

IF w2 >= TimeToTurnCamOnToRefreshFlash Then

Sleep 1

Low CameraPowerPin

Sleep 5

Sleep 1

Low CameraPowerPin

w2=0

Pause 1000

EndIF

NAP 3

GoTo lowpower ' Do it forever

End

Edited by fasterem

I did some final playing around with settings and got it under 4, so its going back to woods today :-)