bowgod02

Portable Usb Phone Charger

Nice job Ron. Quick question tho. Why not just buy a couple extra batterys for your phone?

They are perty cheap on eBay.

The iPhone I have don't have access to the battery compartment. They want you to buy an external battery supply that run from 60-80 bucks.

I will get a drawing up for you on how you want to wire it all up.

Edited by bowgod02

Make sure when soldering up your connections your looking at your project box parts from the top view like the picture.

2E36E87D.jpg

Was the 8v version the final straw, or were there any further alterations to the plan? Think I will build a couple for Christmas gifts if they worked out as planned.

Thanks for the link Dave. I ordered one of those already put together ones to see how it does compared to my project one. Looks like it has a bigger circuit board in there and battery protection. nice. I will look at where I got my 18650's from and put up the link.

Befus,

Yes, definitely the 8v works better than the 16v. Actually at 16v, it wouldn't charge blackhillsdaves droid until he changed it over to 8v.

Edited by bowgod02

I ordered 2 of the assembled ones, batteries and a couple chargers that seem will work. From looking at the pictures of the assemled ones it seems that the 4 batteries may run in parrallel and would then only output 3.7 volts but it could be they are paired off and at 7.4 volts? Everything is coming from China so it may take awhile to make them go. One question I have is what cameras will this work with ? I have a droid along with a couple of my friends

post-74-1354738447_thumb.jpg

Edited by treetop

I ordered 2 of the assembled ones, batteries and a couple chargers that seem will work. All coming from China so it may take awhile to make them go. One question I have is what cameras will this work with ? I have a droid along with a couple of my friends

I ordered one of the unfinished type, and will order one of the assembled ones too. I assume they use some type of regulator to get to five volt output. Will the battery life of a setup like this be equal or better than the 8v version?

And Dave on the specs of the assembled version they mention something about charging in confusing enough fashion that I am wondering if it may charge bats on its own without having having to change out the batteries? Probably not, just wondering.

Looking to use on my Samsung Galaxy SII and Google Nexsus 7 pad, both Android OS.

Edited by befus

Dave, I use mine to charge my iphone4s and it will put my iPad in charge mode as well. Blackhillsdave has his working with a droid.

Ok, now you guys have me hooked on wanting to get one of these too.... for an iPhone 5. (apple charger puts out 5v 1a)

will this work? Looks like it has 2 5v usb ports, and a charger that plugs right in to it - no need to take the batteries out to charge? for the price of adding in 2 cheap external chargers - so you can charge all 4 batteries- this would be much simpler. Wouldn't it?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/160904109751?ssPag...984.m1438.l2649

even though this is much more expensive, you electronic gurus can probably decipher the last pic in the item description for the rest of us.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/160743281640?ssPag...984.m1438.l2649

Dave,

Mine came in today so when I get some time here I'll play with it a little and see how it works.