Vic

Gordon Takes Out Bowyer

What an ending race in Phoenix......... :o Gordon got a $100.00 fine......... :huh: :huh: :huh:

Was a great race especially since I'm a Harvick fan and not a fan of Johnson at all. I think you meant Gordon got $100,000.00 fine. I think all the fines/ penalties were fair. I was a little surprised about the Keselowski fine, I didn't realize that they had made having your cell phone in the car a no-no, was always ok in the past.

Being a Gordon fan I have mixed emotions about this. Bowyer had wrecked him 3 or 4 times this year. At some point he did have to stand up for himself, or it tells them it is ok. On the other hand taking out the guy second in points at the time is just not tolerable. As far the the penalties. A mere slap on the wrist at best. $100,000 is a mere .4% of Gordons salary before endorsements and winnings (he makes $480,000 per week year round) and 25 points.......pfft. So he finishes 8th instead of 10th in the final standings. You think he cares since he is out of the title hunt.

Its the same with Kes the fine for having the phone in the car is peanuts compared to their income. Make the penalty an automatic 3 week suspension and the phones will disappear.

I agree the monetary penalties are pocket change to these guys. The 25 point penalty could be a big one to Gordon though. It moved him from sixth to eleventh in the points with one race to go and if he doesn't make it back into the top ten in points then he doesn't get to go to Vegas and promote and thank his sponsors. I think if Gordon had wrecked Bowyer right after or during the incident he would have been ok but the fact that he drove around a little bit and then announced over the radio what he was going to do kinda sealed his fate. Everyone mentions the Martinsville wreck as Bowyer taking out Gordon but all Bowyer did was drive into the corner hard with two laps to go , Gordon and Johnson slid up the track as Bowyer drove under them and Johnson got loose and actually took out Gordon.

Edited by johnnydeerhunter

Gordon got off easy. I do not like any of the Hendrick Drivers....well JR is ok.... but when Kyle got fined he also had to set out a weekend of racing. I think Gordon should be sat out for the final weekend of racing. I am not a Bush fan but comeone Gordon should be handed the same penalties.

At least he or Jimmy will not win the title.

At least he or Jimmy will not win the title.

I agree, would rather see Gordon then Jimmy though. I do think the penalties were fair. Kyle was on probation (maybe double probation) when he took out Hornady and he was racing in a series where he's not a regular. It was also under caution with safety workers on the track.

Ya but when you take out someone like Gordon did he was putting lives in danger pulling a dumb azz stunt like that. I think he should sit out next weekend.

Was a great race especially since I'm a Harvick fan and not a fan of Johnson at all. I think you meant Gordon got $100,000.00 fine. I think all the fines/ penalties were fair. I was a little surprised about the Keselowski fine, I didn't realize that they had made having your cell phone in the car a no-no, was always ok in the past.

Yes it was $100,000.00 fine. :huh: