Sign in to follow this  
teebo

Intermitent On/off/on Timer For 6 Volt Motor.

being the "frugal" hunter that i am i have a question for the electronic wizards here. they sale a timer of sorts that will turn my "mojo" mallard spinning wing decoy on for a few seconds and then off for a few seconds with this repeating for the entire time that i am using it. this would look much better than the constant spinning wings and i need some.

question is what parts would i need to assemble this thing and could it be made water resistant to stand up in the element it will be deployed in?..

questions or suggestions welcomed..

and good luck hunting to all here

teebo

Sounds like to me, just a picaxe chip, a couple resistors, and a MOSFET would do the trick?

Program picaxe to turn on the MOSFET (decoys power supply) for ten seconds every few minutes. Would be a very simple program to do.

would a 6 volt flasher work? this is the simpliest idea i have had..don't know how much power the flasher would consume and what the duration of on / off cycle would be..

teebo

Edited by teebo

just so someone else might know..using a 6volt flasher will not do what i want to do...tried it this evening (after finally running down a 6volt flasher) ..motor would run; albeit a lot slower , because of the resistance of the coil i suspect. but would not cut off/on as i wanted..

teebo

The flasher may work a relay, which could work the motor...but the birthday boy had a good suggestion.

I think flashers would be a pain in the butt because if the current isn't correct through them, they either don't blink at all, or flash too quickly. I recommend sticking with something solid state.

Joe