mheimburg1

Anyone Convert To Xenon Headlights

HI mark,

I just put a set on my other halfs car yesterday as Santa brought her a set. That isn't the exact set that I got her, but I'm sure it would work. If you're going for most brightest, I would get the color in 5000k. I got them in 6000k for the little hint of blue.

Her headlights on the Mazda 3 were terrible in stock form. They did make it brighter. I installed 35 watt in her low beams, but I think I may try the 55 watt in her low beams once the new kit gets here to make them even brighter. I would suggest the 55 watt.

My daughter has a Mazda 6 and her stock lights are horrible. Mazda said nothing wrong with them and no plans to fix it. Hers is an 06. I bought some 35 watt from Advance but they didn't last long at all. Both blew out within 6 months. So I am looking for options also. The low beams are so much worse than the high beams.

My daughter has a Mazda 6 and her stock lights are horrible. Mazda said nothing wrong with them and no plans to fix it. Hers is an 06. I bought some 35 watt from Advance but they didn't last long at all. Both blew out within 6 months. So I am looking for options also. The low beams are so much worse than the high beams.

Probably the same lights in the 3 and 6 Steve. You can try an easier route and get some sylvania silverstar 55's for her low beams.

Edited by bowgod02

One thing to look at especially with vehicles that are more than a few years old is the headlight itself. They tend to get sandblasted from road debris and reflect the light back into the headlight. They make polishing kits to restore the light, it starts with some sandpaper and gets finer and finer until you are using a compounding polish. There is an attachment to connect to a drill for all the sanding and polishing, at least in the kit I used. When you look at the lights before and after you do the restore the before looks brighter do to the fact it is reflecting the light back. Also remember when replacing the bulbs, especially halogen or xenon, it is important not to touch the bulbs with your bare skin, it puts oil on the bulb and these bulbs get so hot that it creates a hot spot and burns the bulb out. I usually wear latex gloves or/and wipe them off with some denatured alcohol.

I have been doing a lot of reading on the net about headlights and HID and decided to go ahead with a retrofit to her mazda 3 to get the proper lighting out of the HID kits I bought. The one site I came across has loads of info on how to do this and if you guys want to maybe try it, here's a link.... It basically gives you almost OEM HIDs in your car/truck. If you want OEM, you can fit a set of those in too.

http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/forum.php

The owner of the site also sells kits and parts to accomplish the retro fits.

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/

The projectors I am getting are these one and I hope they are here tomorrow to get started on them. They will definitely have a better output than just plopping in just the bulbs and ballasts.

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/product_i...roducts_id=3181

Edited by bowgod02