cameratrapcodger

Picaxe And Mac Computers

Is there anyone here who is using their Mac to program Picaxe chips? I am anxious to get some SSII boards up and running with some new hacks, but I am having an impossible time getting the downloaded driver to work with a Sparkfun proto board. Have followed the pdf instructions but can't even get the computer to recognize the driver. I've been casting about for help, and today was told that the software doesn't work with macs, despite claims to the contrary. Any suggestions? I'm hoping someone out there is using a Mac to program their Picaxe chips for their SSIIs.

Can't help you there, never used a Mac. Did you try the Picaxe forum? I have used it for help a few time. You just have to be prepared and think before you ask. :lol:

http://www.picaxeforum.co.uk/forum.php

I try to find the answer everywhere can before I go there, they can make you feel :ph34r:

Thanks guys. That's why I'm asking here first. I've looked at their FAQs and followed some threads, but those guys are power geeks, and I probably won't understand a thing they say. I've put a feeler out to Silicon Valley through a friend this AM. Those guys are power geeks too.

Edited by cameratrapcodger

Have you tried a serial cable instead of the USB cable? Do macs even have serial ports? I assume they do. The serial cable won't require a driver. They are easy to make too. At least they are for the PC anyway.

Will look into making a serial cable. Thanks Matt. I'll use a Arduino on this particular project, and get back to the Picaxe on the next one.

Thanks Tom. I did download Axepad and it runs just fine. The Axe027 driver for Mac is the mystery -- when I plug in the USB it isn't recognized. Have done the various checks without effect. I'll use an Arduino Nano for the DSLR project, and get back to the Picaxe when this is finally solved.