Heeeeeelp Me Please

I just made a huge boo boo and have no idea how to fix it. I downloaded the newest version of Google Chrome and have several problems now.

First off when I signed in to it it brings up a favorites bar that I had created for my dads computer. So I have lost all my favorites links probably about 75 of them between work and play. I only use 2 email accounts and they both bring up the same Chrome page.

And secondly it is slow now. The old version was pretty fast overall.

It was working fine I should have just left it alone.

Try the system Restore... it might bring everything back as you had it. What operating system do you use?

Look to load another browser and see if you can find your bookmarks. I would sure think they are somewhere in the computer. Many times the old version is still on your hard drive? Hmmmmm.

After playing with it some more it seems to have combined the two. My old version and the newer version I had on my dads laptop. I found all my favorites in the little arrow showing the ones off screen. So at least I have them still.

It is still slow to load and opens two windows both to the Google homepage for some reason. Maybe it just needs to create all the cache pages for the new Chrome.

Now before I have a stroke. Is there a way to save all the favorite links without doing them one at a time and save them to a secure location or two?

Would reverting back to a date before the switch change it back?

For some reason the restore feature has never worked on this desktop. Till I get it figured out looks like I will have to copy and paste the links out of email. Not the end of the world I guess.

speed2spare when you say you updated to the new version of Chrome, did you have an older version of Chrome before doing this? Or did you just now upload the Chrome and were using another browser like IE or Firefox? If you still have internet explorer or firefox why not just open them up to get to your "favorite links"? There is a way to save your favorites and keep from losing them. I was doing some searching on this last nite and ran up on several things you could try and do. You can upload and download favorites from either of those to whichever you want to make your default browser.

bat,

I have it pretty well back up and running again now. I had been using an older version of Chrome. And I do have an older version of IE that I do not use any longer. I updated to the newest version of Chrome. This version seems slow to open the first page then is normal as long as it has the pages in cache.

I managed to fix the links not opening in the email as well. Went through a Microsoft help page and it walked me through it.

Just scares me how many favorites links I stand to lose should this thing crash all together.

Glad you have it going... take a look at this link, it may give you some more help.

http://www.talesofinterest.net/exporting-i...sb-flash-drive/

Glad you got it going.The slow opening may be due to your computer not allocating the files together.Do a disk defrag and go from there.

How To Backup and Restore Google Chrome Bookmarks and Profile

Google chrome is the one of the most popular browser in the browsing world.When we browse in different sites we save our important web address as bookmarks.Now Imagine that you've lost or accidentally deleted your important bookmarks.What should you do now.You can you backup and restore your google chrome profile and bookmarks before and after accidentally deleted.

There are three ways to backup your google chrome profile and bookmarks.

1st way : You can easily backup your bookmarks and profile by singing google account.To setup sync go to Setting>Personal Stuff>Sing In to Chrome.

2nd way : You can also backup and restore your bookmarks by exporting and importing a html file.To backup go to Bookmark Manager>Organize>Export bookmarks to html file and save te file.To restore your bookmarks go to Bookmark Manager>Organize>Import bookmarks from html file and open the file which you saved as html.

3rd way : This is the most interesting way to backup and restore your google chrome bookmarks and profile.To do this you do not need to do anything to back up.Actually bookmark automatically save your bookmarks in their install folder.To restore backup you have to find the backup file.

You can find the backup file :

[For Xp User] C:\Documents and Settings\<your name>\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default

[For Windows 7 Users] C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default

[For Windows Vista Users] C:\Users\Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default

Vic,

Great post! I used the second method and even I managed to get them saved in only a couple minutes. I exported as an html file and have that saved on my computer. Then I opened the file and copy and pasted it into an email and sent it to my gmail account. So now I have all the links saved in clickable link form as well off the computer. :coolsmiley: