novascotiahunter

Electronics 123 Exchanger

8 posts in this topic

Here is the electronics 123 exchanger I got is this the one others have used or did I order the wrong one.

I want to use this in a DXG-567 with the Bigfoot Control Board

123exchangerbb271_zps035fb6e6.jpg

Edited by novascotiahunter

Hopefully someone who has used this one will verify it can be used as I'm not sure but I did the same thing as you I had that one book marked from an old thread and ordered it with some other stuff.

Thanks, saw that Tom do you know if there is a video with this exchanger being installed in DXG567?

Thanks, saw that Tom do you know if there is a video with this exchanger being installed in DXG567?

I do not recall ever seeing one. Based on what Ron Davis states, I think you remove everything off the 125 cmos sensor, then position the exchanger over it and tack with goop. Keep it centered and level as best you can.

Or... make a base that fits snug over the screw-in 125 lens holder. Attach the exchanger to the base being sure to center the exchanger lens holder hole to the cmos. See my DXG125 BowCam post for more ideas.

http://www.hagshouse.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=51050

So will this work on a DXG567?

So will this work on a DXG567?

I would think so. I thought someone would step up and post that they did a 567 with the 123 exchanger. It does not look like you will find a step-by-step process or video to explain how to do the installation. Might be trial and error for you. Things to look for are: clearance around the exchanger so it does not hit any other parts or plastic framing; keeping the exchanger flat and level, and the lens hole centered to the cmos; tack with drops of goop until you are sure it is positioned where you want it.

Good luck. To me, the best part of building your own is developing new ways to fit parts together.