Sign in to follow this  
fork14

A New Cool Toy!

A new addition. I've always felt that the 1911 was the perfect pistol (my Kimber told me so). This beauty is 100% size and weight(almost) of a .45 1911 but spits .22. 80% compatibility with standard .45 1911 parts.

Added a full length CW Accessories guide rod and spring, a CW Accessories Performance Enhancement System, which includes a SS barrel bushing and SS spring plug, CW Accessories base pads to all three mags, and plus four followers to each mag for total capacity of 14 per mag.

On order is an adjustable Novak rear sight and a fiber optic front sight.

PICS

DSC01507_zps64c864d9.jpg

DSC01508_zps0aabc59e.jpg

Sorry for bad pics, this weapon really looks awesome. Matte black slide and parts and a very dull olive drab frame with pressed rosewood grips.

I really like mine as well mike. It's a great shooter and I have done those same upgrades except for the extended mags. I always felt that the 1911 was the perfect pistol too ( my Springfield Armory RO told me so ). :D

Post up some pics of those sights when you get them on.

Edited by bowgod02

I really like mine as well mike. It's a great shooter and I have done those same upgrades except for the extended mags. I always felt that the 1911 was the perfect pistol too ( my Springfield Armory RO told me so ). :D

Post up some pics of those sights when you get them on.

Will do! Got my eye on a Springfield loaded that I just might get.

Ron, palmetto state armory has GSG magazines for 33$ shipped in stock if you're interested. They'll fit our Sig guns.

Ron, palmetto state armory has GSG magazines for 33$ shipped in stock if you're interested. They'll fit our Sig guns.

Thanks for the tip. I already have four clips right now for it. That was the first thing I bought for it.

After my bro in law shot my RO, he had me take him to the shop I deal with and traded in his glock for the loaded. It's a good shooter too and you'd be happy with it.

Look up the Rock Island .22 TCM. That will be my next 1911 I think. 2100fps and can shoot though 3/16" Steel plate. Also holds 17+1 and comes with a 9mm barrel.

Edited by bowgod02

Nice piece!

Now are you talking .22LR or Mag. Any ideas on a poly .22 Mag full size and a ladies size.

If your talking about the one fork14 posted the pic of, it's a .22LR. The rock island .22TCM I was talking about that will be my next 1911 is almost the size of a necked down 9mm shell. It has great penetration and if you look up some videos on it you will see where they test the cartridge against 9mm and .45 calibers. It showed them shooting watermelons and it outperformed the 9mm easily. The recoil is really low as well so it would make a nice handgun for a woman I would think.

Edited by bowgod02

Thanks for the tip. I already have four clips right now for it. That was the first thing I bought for it.

After my bro in law shot my RO, he had me take him to the shop I deal with and traded in his glock for the loaded. It's a good shooter too and you'd be happy with it.

Look up the Rock Island .22 TCM. That will be my next 1911 I think. 2100fps and can shoot though 3/16" Steel plate. Also holds 17+1 and comes with a 9mm barrel.

Why did you post that?! Man, I do not need another weapon! I'm partial to bottle necks as my EDC is a Glock 32 357 Sig. Looks like you've just spent some of my money!

Here ya go Ron,

The adjustable sights came in today. I have Gunboy53 on reserve, who is an excellent gunsmith, to help with the install but they were truly "drop in". Perfect fit with just enough friction to hold in place until one tightens them up.

PICS!

DSC01514_zpsccadefb7.jpg

DSC01517_zps405aae5d.jpg

DSC01518_zps22f4fd38.jpg

DSC01519_zpse3deaafb.jpg

The sights are Kensights front and rear, Novak style. I got them from DLASK which specifically labels them for the GSG. The front sight comes with both red and green fiber optic inserts. I did not check the shipping but Kensight listed them for more than DLASK.

Can't wait to shoot. The Kensights are very nice and top quality. The new front is the same height as the tallest sight sent from Sig.

Edited by fork14

Thanks for the pics. That looks like it will be my next upgrade to mine. That rear sight is a lot like the one on my SA RO so that would make the sight picture similar for both guns for me. I mostly bought mine for more range time and cheaper to shoot than the .45, but also kind of like a trainer for the .45 if that makes sense.