steve

Bought A Ruger Today

I have been wanting a 22 pistol for a while now. So after looking around at all the great pistols on the market, I decided on a Ruger Lite. Hopefully get to try it out tomorrow. It's supposed to be a little tricky to take apart to clean but after a few times it gets easier. So they say.

post-697-1368408903_thumb.jpg

Bowgod, I really like the looks of the Range Officer pistol. How do you like the trigger on it? Hey Matt, have you had any trouble tearing down and reassembling your Mark 3? I have yet to try it but the videos I watched show that you really need to pay attention and follow step by step when putting it back together. Anybody else care to share some pics of their pistols and how they shoot. I have an old Colt revolver that was passed on through the family chain. I will get some pics and post them. I believe it is a 32-20 revolver made in 1924. Slight rust on it but was told to never blue a older gun as that will lower the value on it significantly.

I have been wanting a 22 pistol for a while now. So after looking around at all the great pistols on the market, I decided on a Ruger Lite. Hopefully get to try it out tomorrow. It's supposed to be a little tricky to take apart to clean but after a few times it gets easier. So they say.

post-697-1368408903_thumb.jpg

Just point the barrel skyward during the re assembly and you'll be good to go. I can send you pics if necessary.

Thanks for the offer fork. I had a gunsmith from where I bought tear it down and put it back together for me. He said the first time can be tough being new and all. And it was. I have yet to take it completely apart but I feel it shouldn't be a problem. I have youtube videos on how to do it for backup. My daughters bought me a Ultra Dot Pan AV holographic reflex sight for fathers day. I put it on yesterday and sighted it in and shot a box of shells with it. Man, I love it. Definitely increases your accuracy.

http://www.ultradotwest.com/ultradot_2008_008.htm

post-697-1371562663_thumb.jpg

Ultra Dot is top of the line. I have an Ultra Dot 30mm Match Dot on my 6 7/8" stainless Government Model that has been fitted with several Volquartzen upgrades and this weapon Rocks!

I'd prefer a longer barrel length but I think yours will kick serious arse! Post up some targets!

P.S. Maybe pm me your address as we might be very near each other.

Mike

Nice addition to the ruger Steve. The trigger on the range officer is pretty good in stock form, but I may get a trigger job done to give it a lighter pull.

Thanks for the offer fork. I had a gunsmith from where I bought tear it down and put it back together for me. He said the first time can be tough being new and all. And it was. I have yet to take it completely apart but I feel it shouldn't be a problem. I have youtube videos on how to do it for backup. My daughters bought me a Ultra Dot Pan AV holographic reflex sight for fathers day. I put it on yesterday and sighted it in and shot a box of shells with it. Man, I love it. Definitely increases your accuracy.

http://www.ultradotwest.com/ultradot_2008_008.htm

post-697-1371562663_thumb.jpg

Geesh! Now I'm going to have to buy another pistol to add that awesome site, you just told me about, on.