egbertdavis

My Next Project

I am going to make an Ozone box to carry with me and put in one of my box blinds. Going to run off of 12v power source. Along the lines of Ozonics, but much less expensive. I've read some stuff regarding using it as a scent killer on clothes as well. Figured I'd make one and see if there is anything to it. I certainly have wasted more money at worse things, so I figured what the heck.

I'll make a small box and place the fan at one end, with a vent so that the ozone will flow out. I figure I can make one fairly small and use different size 12v battery sources depending on where I will be and for how long.

Sure as heck beats this price: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-Ozonics-HR-20...#ht_4647wt_1152

Question is: will it work?

Question is: will it work?

That goes for most the things we make doesn't it :). Sounds like it could I read/listen to those Ozonics commercials with some doubt, but it might be legit. B great in a ground blind if so. Looking forward to the findings.

Ron you talked me into that one I will give it a try also ... for sure cheaper than the ozonics deal guess we will be the guinee pigs... someone has to

Well, I finished this this past weekend. Had a lot of fun building it with my 10 year old. He made the cuts and drilled the holes and helped me solder things together. We are using an old Stealth external battery holder as the case. I have this running off of 6 18650 4.2v 4200 mAh batteries. 2 3x battery holders. Boy oh boy does this thing work good. Wiped out the bacon smell out of our house in just 15 minutes. When I cook on the weekends, the smell is there the whole day. It's a bit noisier that I wanted, but in my tower stand, it should be perfect. I'll let you know how it works out.

post-5910-1375147595_thumb.jpg

post-5910-1375147610_thumb.jpg

more

post-5910-1375147681_thumb.jpg

post-5910-1375147692_thumb.jpg

More. They guys at ozonekits were very responsive, even on Saturday and Sunday. I'm really excited about having this in the woods this season.

post-5910-1375147727_thumb.jpg

Kewl.......I'm hooked.

How big is the fan? My thoughts were to buy just the plate and transformer from them then look for a quieter fan. I'm a computer guy so the first thought was to look for a a very quiet computer case fan.. Something like this...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...CFcvm7AodzFwADA

The fan is very quite, it's the ozone generator that has a bit of a whine. Maybe you could the kit with the fan and then the fan on the side and run them for a comparison.

That is sweet ... Have not figured on a box yet to use was thinking of something bigger for 12 vt sla battery but those are lighter big time and can use smaller box.... very nice indeed