steve

Where's All The 22 Lr Ammo

It's been more miss than hit with 22 ammo. And I'm not talking about shooting at targets. I can find just about everything I need except for 22's. I have no luck at all the Walmarts around. I can pay more than I care to at my local Sporting Goods store but that is hit and miss too. On line ammo seems really high also. Anyone finding CCI's?

Our Wal-Mart has been getting shipments of .22lr on a pretty consistent basis. Those in the know have figured out when the truck arrives every week and there will be a line forming in the Sporting Goods department starting around 5am and the ammo usually doesn't come out till about 7:30! I usually show up about 6:30 and I'm #10 or so in line and there's usually plenty. Only one time did I walk away without anything. In doing this I've managed to save up about 4000 rounds at pre-panic prices. Half of my stash was found at Cabelas when I just happened to walk in one day and they had gotten in 50cal ammo cans of Federal. That was 2100 rounds! I haven't been back to Wal-Mart in a long time as I feel I have enough ammo for now but I do know that there are slimy little weasels out there that are still going, getting their three boxes, then reselling it at very high prices. Asking $60 a brick of 550 rounds!

Our Wal-Mart has been getting shipments of .22lr on a pretty consistent basis. Those in the know have figured out when the truck arrives every week and there will be a line forming in the Sporting Goods department starting around 5am and the ammo usually doesn't come out till about 7:30! I usually show up about 6:30 and I'm #10 or so in line and there's usually plenty. Only one time did I walk away without anything. In doing this I've managed to save up about 4000 rounds at pre-panic prices. Half of my stash was found at Cabelas when I just happened to walk in one day and they had gotten in 50cal ammo cans of Federal. That was 2100 rounds! I haven't been back to Wal-Mart in a long time as I feel I have enough ammo for now but I do know that there are slimy little weasels out there that are still going, getting their three boxes, then reselling it at very high prices. Asking $60 a brick of 550 rounds!

Wal-Mart here you can only buy 1 box of 22's per day. I bought 5 cases back before all this shortage started at $139 a case.

Edited by scott0303